It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2004, 01:34 PM   #1

Infogirl06 HB User
New white fillings.... Sore when eat hard things at day 5

Hello, I got a new small white filling 1 weeks ago. Everything was good for 5 days. I ate popcorn reg meals no sensitivity.
Yesterday When I got up, i had this crunchy cereal, I had a little sharp pain on the spot on my tooth when I chewed on it.
ANyway I called the Dr and i went in that day and he checked and said nothings cracked or anything. he thinks I irritated my tooth by biting into the hard food. Kind of shocked it.
Today, I still feel it when I eat something hard on that spot but it goes away after. How can I tell if it's from the tooth or the gums. I tend to get floss cuts. and I might of over flossed it.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Infogirl.

Old 03-10-2004, 06:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Re: New white fillings.... Sore when eat hard things at day 5

When I had my white fillings put in about ten years ago, I noticed a little sensitivity to hot and cold. I was so happy to have them and I hoped that this would not be a problem. Fortunately, this sensation for me went away, I think in a couple of weeks. I was relieved that all was going to be well, with these new kind of cosmetic fillings. I was so glad to have gotten rid of my ugly mercury gray-black fillings and that I got these nice ones in their place.

So for you, maybe you need to just give it some time, as I had done. I hope that works for you too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2004, 08:15 PM   #3

Infogirl06 HB User
Re: New white fillings.... Sore when eat hard things at day 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhody
When I had my white fillings put in about ten years ago, I noticed a little sensitivity to hot and cold. I was so happy to have them and I hoped that this would not be a problem. Fortunately, this sensation for me went away, I think in a couple of weeks. I was relieved that all was going to be well, with these new kind of cosmetic fillings. I was so glad to have gotten rid of my ugly mercury gray-black fillings and that I got these nice ones in their place.

So for you, maybe you need to just give it some time, as I had done. I hope that works for you too.

Hi thanks for the reply.
Today it feels much better. I think it was my gums that got sore and the tooth was puching it down.

Closed Thread