It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2004, 10:09 PM   #1

Virgo30309 HB User
Where is Yos?

Yos, are you still on this board?

Old 03-10-2004, 04:34 PM   #2

Yos HB User
Re: Where is Yos?

Hi Virgo

I'm still around, just not very active lately.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2004, 11:25 PM   #3

Virgo30309 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yos
Hi Virgo

I'm still around, just not very active lately.
Hi Yos I'm glad to see you are still around.
I need your opinion on what to expect. I have had my upper denture for 5 months now. I've not had any problems other than having to use adhesive occasionally. In fact, I'm pretty happy with them, and they look great. I will be having all my lower teeth extracted April 25, and immediate dentures placed. Tell me, what can I expect with lowers? I've been told so many scary stories about how they will NEVER fit, will move around in my mouth, it will be hard to eat, etc. I work closely with the public and am scared to death I will be talking to someone and my teeth will move about. Is this true? Do you have any suggestions on how I can make them stay put? Am I worrying needlessly about something that might not happen?

Old 03-15-2004, 03:57 PM   #4

Yos HB User

Hi Virgo ,

It's good to hear that you're happy with the results of your upper. I'm not the best person to be asking about full lower dentures because mine are partials. I still have two lower canines which don't hold the denture down but they do a pretty good job of stopping them from shifting from side to side. I didn't have the same problems full lower denture wearers have so I can't tell you first hand about the problems they faced.

I expect that a full lower denture won't fit well until until after a hard reline or when you get "perms" because until then the gums are going to be constantly shrinking. The first month will be the most difficult because the gums do most of the shrinking during that time. The denture will eventually fit though. If you managed well with the upper (and it sound like you have) you'll probably do ok with the lower. Adhesives, cushions and other products can help to keep the dentures in place for both talking and eating so I don't think you'll have to worry about the teeth moving.

I hope I've helped to answer your questions. I would suggest you post your questions to the board. With a little luck you'll get some feed back from people who were recently fitted with full lower dentures. Good luck!

Yos

Closed Thread