It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2004, 12:11 AM   #1
(male)

Alistair HB User
Amalgam Fillings

I have a metallic taste in my mouth, I went to my dentist on the advice of my doctor. She said that it may be coming from old dental fillings (amalgam) and she advised that I should should have these old fillings replaced.

I also have 4 impacted wisdom teeth which do not cause me any problems, however as I have been suffering from lightdeaded/dizziness my dentist advises that I should have the wisdom teeth removed as she claims they could be the cause of my lightdeaded/dizziness

Thoughts anybody

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2004, 10:47 AM   #2

labgirl HB User
Smile Re: Amalgam Fillings

I had 9 amalgam fillings removed last week, because I had been having unexplained symptoms for over 3 months. My symptoms started last December as dizziness, feeling off balance, headaches, dull pressure behind my right eye, some numbness and tingling in my hand and foot, a "brain fog" feeling, vision problems, anxiety, the list goes on. I had been to my regular doctor, an opthalmologist, and a neurologist, had several tests run, including an MRI of my brain and around my eyes. Everything came back normal. I kept feeling worse, and the feeling was 24/7. Since my doctors insisted I was fine, I started doing my own research on the internet, and I started suspecting mercury toxicity. You will find a TON of information regarding mercury related to dental fillings on the internet if you do a search. It's a very controversial issue, so you'll find arguments going both ways. Willing to try anything to feel better, I decided to get mine removed. It's been a week, and I really do feel better. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's true. My symptoms have either gone away completely or have at least improved. I'm starting to feel like myself again. The choice to get fillings removed has to be up to the individual, but one thing I can't stress enough...please, please read up on the topic - a lot - and be sure you have a dentist that removes the fillings according to IAOMT protocols (do a search on this to find out the specifics, it's very important!). In my case, I found a wonderful biological dentist, and the procedures were really tolerable - I didn't have any pain. I'm glad I had it done, even though I'm not 100% better yet, I think I'm on the right track

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2004, 12:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User
Re: Amalgam Fillings

Wow, that worries me ...my 9 yr old has a few of those fillings. Should I be concerned? Are their other fillings they use and why did my dentist use these for a child?

Old 03-10-2004, 06:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User

I also got better after the removal of my mercury-silver dental amalgams about ten years ago. Dentists for more than a 150 years have been using this substance, but as long as I can remember, they referred these to me as "silver" fillings. If I had known that there was mercury in there, and that they leaked constantly and accumulated in the body, I think I would have chosen a different material, if I could. Mercury is just so dangerous, even in very small amounts. It's much more poisonous than lead, for example.

This is controversial, because some people & organizations say this dental amalgam material is safe and other people & organizations say the amalgam material is not safe. No one in the world is going to convince me that they are safe, since I made such improvements after the mercury toxins were removed from my mouth.

Should you be concerned? In my opinion, yes. Should you worry? In my opinion, no - at least not for now. I would first just read a lot about the subject, and then if you want to have cosmetic "white" fillings for yourself and your children, then you can make an informed decision later on "down the road". I'd recommend getting the best possible durable materials like porcelain and the best experienced dentist to do the work properly. In my opinion, getting the job done right, is worth the extra dollars. I have had my "white" fillings for a little over 10 years with no problems. One can hardly see them, unless you get real close...even then the color difference is minimal.

It would just take lots of research...and be sure to ask lots of questions.

Old 03-10-2004, 07:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User

Hi Labgirl,

That's so wonderful that you have felt better. Please be sure to write down everything to document the improvements. I did that as honestly as I could. The healing could take many weeks, to months, to years. I feel that it's important to recall everything. I believe that we are in the "frontier" stages of a major medical paradigm shift (the medical establishment may be shaken down to their roots as more data comes in). We must all know the truth.

If you continue to feel better as I have done, I'm sure there will be some in the medical community that might not believe you...and they may make derogatory statements. But, stand tall. I think it's important that we let everyone know. Please let us know how you are doing. I hope you are a regular here, like I am...informing people all the time.

Again, I'm so glad that you are feeling better. These are steps and chances that we sometimes have to take...all on our own. I'm so happy for you.

Closed Thread