It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2004, 11:02 PM   #1

grephanie HB User
Angry Bad Dentist?

Hi, i'm new here, and i might have a problem with my dentist. When i first went there back in june, they said i needed a root canal. I got a root canal done and cried the whole time. They never once stopped to ask if i was ok. I should have known to never go back. I ended up in the ER that night from the meds they prescribed me. Turns out i'm allergic to penicillan. One of my fillings from childhood fell out, so i called the dentist. they put in a temp and the next apt was 3 months later. I went in last week to get a filling, they drilled my entire tooth out and once it was gone, they said i need another root canal. they said they could see blood spots where my nerve was exposed. After much crying in the chair ( i get scared at the dentist) they refused to put a filling in my tooth and gave me a temp. I had another apt on weds for a different tooth, and they said the same EXACT thing about that tooth too. When i got up from my chair, it was soaked with my sweat. They never once stopped to ask me if i was ok, or if i needed a break from the drill.
On weds apt, they informed me that they put medicane in my tooth last week, and this week, and that now i owe them $30.00 for the medicane. I don't remember them putting any meds in my teeth, and i don't think it's fair that they tell me after the fact. Shouldn't they have asked if that was ok? What if i were allergic to those meds too? On my way out the door, they informed me that last weeks tooth suddenly doesn't need a root canal, they will just go ahead and fill it. Is this a bad dentist? do they know what they are doing? Should i turn them into my isnsurance co. for some kind of fraud? I feel like i'm being taken here....any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2004, 12:56 PM   #2

Infogirl06 HB User
Re: Bad Dentist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grephanie
Hi, i'm new here, and i might have a problem with my dentist. When i first went there back in june, they said i needed a root canal. I got a root canal done and cried the whole time. They never once stopped to ask if i was ok. I should have known to never go back. I ended up in the ER that night from the meds they prescribed me. Turns out i'm allergic to penicillan. One of my fillings from childhood fell out, so i called the dentist. they put in a temp and the next apt was 3 months later. I went in last week to get a filling, they drilled my entire tooth out and once it was gone, they said i need another root canal. they said they could see blood spots where my nerve was exposed. After much crying in the chair ( i get scared at the dentist) they refused to put a filling in my tooth and gave me a temp. I had another apt on weds for a different tooth, and they said the same EXACT thing about that tooth too. When i got up from my chair, it was soaked with my sweat. They never once stopped to ask me if i was ok, or if i needed a break from the drill.
On weds apt, they informed me that they put medicane in my tooth last week, and this week, and that now i owe them $30.00 for the medicane. I don't remember them putting any meds in my teeth, and i don't think it's fair that they tell me after the fact. Shouldn't they have asked if that was ok? What if i were allergic to those meds too? On my way out the door, they informed me that last weeks tooth suddenly doesn't need a root canal, they will just go ahead and fill it. Is this a bad dentist? do they know what they are doing? Should i turn them into my isnsurance co. for some kind of fraud? I feel like i'm being taken here....any advice would be appreciated.

Hello, i was wondering how everything is now..
IS this Dr new? If I know I was scared but the Dr doesn't care enough and see how I am doing, i would go to another one. some one u know that's going to be good.
If your gut tells u a bad feeling you should change Dr. WHY should u take this? Ya know?
I wrote a few post but .. When I found out I had a crack in my tooth my Dr told me to wait 2 weeks and see if Sensodyne works .. I told him nooo I want a crown cuz it's sore when I chew but he said no. He said try not to thinking about it ! Can u believe that? He knows I'm going on Vacation soon.
So I'm thinking about getting my tooth pulled.
I'm not sure who to go to anymore. so far the Dr's I went didn't believe I was in pain, or don't know what they are doing. one Dr charged me a RCT he never finished! so I called the INS co and reported him. Anyway keep up posted.

Old 03-24-2004, 07:18 PM   #3

grephanie HB User

No, i haven't gone back, and yes it was a new dentist i had been going to. I cancelled my next appt, and i'm going to fight them on that money they say i owe. My insurance co. said there is nothing they can do. they said if they won't take away the charges, i can call and file a grievance. SO, i guess i'll be doing that. UGH. Sorry to hear about your bad experience too..it seems like there are no good dentists anymore

Old 03-31-2004, 07:40 AM   #4

dental HB User
Exclamation Re: Bad Dentist?

There are some bad dentists out there, even famous ones.

You have to be careful out there!

[Please do not defame dentists, doctors, or any individual by their name. Thanks. Well-come Moderator]

Last edited by Well-come; 03-31-2004 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Removed libelous statements. Please re-read board guidelines.

Old 04-02-2004, 05:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

sorry to hear about the bad dentist you had. There are bad ones out there. If they don't care enough to ask you how you feel. Then they cannot be good. That sounds really fishy that they told you needed a root canal and then all the sudden you didn't. The chances of you being allergic to the medicane that they put in your tooth are pretty slim. When we have a patient who the decay come close to the tooth we place what they call dycal over the nerve and then place a temp filling called IRM. Which also has a medicane in it. Both of these are ways to give the tooth time to see how it's going to do. Sometime these meds can keep you from needing root canal. I hope you can find a dentist that you trust fully. If you don't trust them, then you shouldn't be there.
L

[Please re-read the board guidelines. "...do not register with a healthcare professional title, or reveal or display your current or future healthcare profession, in any way. The boards are to be used for PEER support only. Healthcare titles lend undue weight to what is to be only your opinion." Thanks. Well-come Moderator]

Last edited by Well-come; 04-02-2004 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Removed professional title.

Closed Thread