It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2004, 10:26 AM   #1

Sarai Kuczek HB User
Dental implants

I had four dental implants one year ago. They involve my upper teeth. Right and left canines and right and left premolars. In other words two implants next to each other on the right and the same on the left.
Because two of the crowns have fallen off and had to be recemented, I have to be very careful eating. I stay with soft food and don't put any pressure on the implants. Other than that I am so glad I can smile and don't have to show the hardware of a partial I had for thirty years.

I was wondering if anyone else has had the experience of dental implants and would like to share the experience.

Old 03-12-2004, 04:53 PM   #2
Veteran

Dance4jc HB User
Re: Dental implants

I have my first one coming in at the end of the month. Scares me a bit to know you have had two crowns fall off. I want to get the implant done and never worry about it again. I too would love to hear how others have faired.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2004, 09:13 PM   #3
Veteran

Literati HB User

I'm awaiting to get an implant on number 7. One big problem. There's no bone growing. My former perio put in a cheap "bone" graft that was actually not real bone. Apparently, its a cheaper alternative (I'm not sure what it is exactly). It will be nearly 9 months since I had the extraction and bone graft and my bone has only grown to 1/3 of where its supposed to be. I'm very very frustrated because my temporary is completely obvious and I am still in my early 20s.

Old 03-12-2004, 11:08 PM   #4

Ritu HB User

Hi ,
I am planning to get done an implant on an upper front tooth . I thought implants are rock solid and can be used to bite on apples too.Am I wrong ?

Anyone with an upper front implant , please let me know how does your implant feel? Strong and rock-solid ?

With good oral hygiene, how many years can an implant last ?

Old 03-20-2004, 08:54 PM   #5
(male)

surreal HB User

Quote:
Hi ,
I am planning to get done an implant on an upper front tooth . I thought implants are rock solid and can be used to bite on apples too.Am I wrong ?

Anyone with an upper front implant , please let me know how does your implant feel? Strong and rock-solid ?

With good oral hygiene, how many years can an implant last ?
Yes, they supposed to be. I had one front implant. It broke in a fight. Try to get a perfect fit because mine looks short. It is painful as hell and expensive?? they use titanium screw in the bone wait six months, to heal, then put the crown. It's a freaking ordeal, had to wait 1 year, but don't regret it. My denstist wanted a fast solution- a bridge. Anyway, it still hurts, probably the bone. Anyone has any opinions? Should it still hurt after 2 years?? Crowns don't hurt ???

Closed Thread