It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2004, 08:10 AM   #1

Infogirl06 HB User
Cracked tooth.. and this is what my Dr said.. I need advice!!

Hello, I just went to the Dr due to chewing pain I have. The pain is only on this one spot.
Anyway he found a little crack and told me i should use sensodyne for 2 weeks to see if it works.
If not we can get a crown after that. I told him if I need a crown I Want it now cuz I hate any pain or irritation! He said sometimes sensodyne will work through the tooth and make it not sensitive anymore.
I told him I'm going on Vacation soon so I rather get this crowned but he said wait and see.
I Never heard of this b4.
I really like this Dr but was REALLY disapointed he didn't treat me right away for this.
Should I seek another DR?
I went throught ALOT with other Dr's so I'm paranoid to go to "anyone" If I go to another and he tells me something else I'll be thiking the what if's ...
But at the same time I want to get his taken care of.
Please give me advice.
Info girl.

Old 03-14-2004, 12:36 PM   #2
Veteran

fm5 HB User
Re: Cracked tooth.. and this is what my Dr said.. I need advice!!

I would say try the Sensodyne toothpaste first.

Why would you go through the expense and pain of getting a crown if it could be helped by just using Sensodyne?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2004, 12:44 PM   #3

Infogirl06 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm5
I would say try the Sensodyne toothpaste first.

Why would you go through the expense and pain of getting a crown if it could be helped by just using Sensodyne?

Thanks for the reply. So far I am doing to Sensodyne.. But it's not really helping. I was reading all the sites and info and I guess once you have a crack, better to get it taken care of.
I spent sooooo much $ b4 for a new crown and Root canals and nothign to show for now.
I had them pulled.
Im thinking about getting this tooth pulled also. Save the $ and trama. I don't want to spend anymore $ to go through what i went through b4.
just thinking about temp crowns and crown filling or not filling makes me wanna pass out!.lol
Thanks again. Infogirl.

Old 03-14-2004, 02:23 PM   #4

Doppler4000 HB User

A general goal of caring and ethical dentists is to help patients keep their own teeth (or as much of them as possible). That's all the guy is doing. For some reason you aren't interested in letting him go through a systematic progression to see if that's possible in your case, but that's all he's trying to do. You may have a hard time finding a doc willing to extract a tooth because of a crack.

Last edited by Doppler4000; 03-14-2004 at 02:24 PM.

Old 03-14-2004, 02:34 PM   #5

Infogirl06 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler4000
A general goal of caring and ethical dentists is to help patients keep their own teeth (or as much of them as possible). That's all the guy is doing. For some reason you aren't interested in letting him go through a systematic progression to see if that's possible in your case, but that's all he's trying to do. You may have a hard time finding a doc willing to extract a tooth because of a crack.

I would understand if he didn't see anything wrong with my tooth but after seeing my crack and me in pain for a week, I think the right thing to do is to treat the patient. He did say I would need a crown. I'm Not intrested in being pain for another 2 weeks. Specially after he told me I would try not to think about it on my trip.
That's crazy I think. Thanks for the reply : )
infogirl.

Old 03-14-2004, 02:38 PM   #6

Infogirl06 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infogirl06
I would understand if he didn't see anything wrong with my tooth but after seeing my crack and me in pain for a week, I think the right thing to do is to treat the patient. He did say I would need a crown. I'm Not intrested in being pain for another 2 weeks. Specially after he told me I would try not to think about it on my trip.
That's crazy I think. Thanks for the reply : )
infogirl.

oh another thing.. I know reg Dentist wouldn't pull teeth so easly but I know a few oral surgeons who pulled my teeth when I had infections. I mean if you don't have the $ to get it fixed, i guess this is the choice some people take.

Closed Thread