It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2004, 11:56 AM   #1

Infogirl06 HB User
please give me advice... going crazy!

Hello, I went thought lots in the past with dental work. RootCT and
crowns. Most ended up not working so went and got my teeth pulled. I was only 27 then.
Now i have a upper partial cuz 2 of my teeth are missing on each side. I'm 30 now.
I just found out I have a small crack in my tooth.
It hurts when I bite on it with hard food.
As i posted b4 my Dr wants to wait it out about 2 weeks. I was planning on going on a Vacation soon. I don't want to wait. I told him but he said to wait.
SO, I made an appt to going to a new Dr next week BUT my old feelings came back about crowns and RCT! The what if's. I have INS now but Scared that I Get a crown and not working out and ends up having a root canal and that not working out the last time!
I'm thinking I'll saving my $ and go get it pulled. I rather do that than to go through the drama I went through. DO people do this? My daughter's going to need braces too so $'s tight.
My ? is people who doesn't have much $ or don't want to spend the $ do this? I know lots of Dr's want to keep the tooth but I'm the one's who's paying for this.
I mean I maxed out my credit card Few years ago and i have nothing to show for and i don't want to end up like b4. If i get it pulled at my oral surgerons HOW can I face my Dr? See the cycle?
Going out of my mind.
please any advice Or your story will help.
infogirl.

Old 03-14-2004, 03:31 PM   #2

jhappy10 HB User
Re: please give me advice... going crazy!

Im new to this board..but how do crowns turn into root canals? I recently had a crown and I am thinking of going to a cosmetic dentist and having him redo it b/c I can taste the metal from the crown the dentist put in...would I be at risk of a root canal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2004, 03:37 PM   #3

Infogirl06 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhappy10
Im new to this board..but how do crowns turn into root canals? I recently had a crown and I am thinking of going to a cosmetic dentist and having him redo it b/c I can taste the metal from the crown the dentist put in...would I be at risk of a root canal?
Hi I think what you're tasting is the post or the bottom part of the crown. When I had my new one years ago I had that. BUT sometimes when u have an infection u taste metal type taste in your mouth also. do u have any pain? if not I wouldn't worry about it .

Old 03-14-2004, 03:41 PM   #4

jhappy10 HB User

No pain..but my bite is different and Im not fond of the color..he made it way too white..looks like a white blob in the back of my mouth. Im just concerned b/c I have had braces twice and jaw surgery to make my bite fit..and finally it did..now its off due to the crown..Im wishing I went to a cosmetic dentist b/c they do better molds and can make the crown exactly the same size as your tooth. Does the metal taste go away? Its annoying..like the metal of a fork in my mouth.

Old 03-14-2004, 03:47 PM   #5

Infogirl06 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhappy10
No pain..but my bite is different and Im not fond of the color..he made it way too white..looks like a white blob in the back of my mouth. Im just concerned b/c I have had braces twice and jaw surgery to make my bite fit..and finally it did..now its off due to the crown..Im wishing I went to a cosmetic dentist b/c they do better molds and can make the crown exactly the same size as your tooth. Does the metal taste go away? Its annoying..like the metal of a fork in my mouth.

U said you just got the crown right? It will go away. I think your mouth has to get used to it.
When u close your mouth do u feel the metal taste?
I used to feel that cuz i had silver filling on my bottom teeth.
If you're not happy you should call your Dr and tell him.

Closed Thread