It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2004, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

Texasgal HB User
Soft denture relines?

Is there such a thing as a soft reline material that lasts for months..or years and can allow for use of adhesives too? Is a soft (permanent) relign better than the hard ones?

Old 03-27-2004, 08:08 PM   #2

mysticvenus HB User
Re: Soft denture relines?

I had a soft reline done about two months ago. I use adhesives with mine and have noticed that the soft reline in my lowers has gotten hard and brittle. I don't think it is meant as a permanent fix just a temporary one as your gums shrink. If someone else knows anything else, I would be interested in knowing too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2004, 08:53 PM   #3

Tessalou HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticvenus
I had a soft reline done about two months ago. I use adhesives with mine and have noticed that the soft reline in my lowers has gotten hard and brittle. I don't think it is meant as a permanent fix just a temporary one as your gums shrink. If someone else knows anything else, I would be interested in knowing too.
Received my immediate dentures on February 18.
I had a temporary reline done about two weeks ago. It left edges that needed to be trimmed for comfort. I think my trimming on them has made them loser and I have started using adhesives with them. I asked my dentist how long it would last and he said anywhere between 3 months to 3 years. Does anyone know how a dentist would remove this stuff? My reline material is white and hard like hard plastic.

Old 03-27-2004, 09:37 PM   #4

Halo31 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessalou
Received my immediate dentures on February 18.
I had a temporary reline done about two weeks ago. It left edges that needed to be trimmed for comfort. I think my trimming on them has made them loser and I have started using adhesives with them. I asked my dentist how long it would last and he said anywhere between 3 months to 3 years. Does anyone know how a dentist would remove this stuff? My reline material is white and hard like hard plastic.

The dentist might need to adjust the dentures again. They can easily remove the material with an acrylic bur. ( a type of drill) There are some soft reline materials that are pink and stay somewhat soft, but all soft relines are temporary fixes. It may take many visits to the dentist to adjust the dentures to fit after they have been delivered. It is normal for your tissue to shrink and cause the dentures to fit differently. Have you tried Sea bond? It is a different type of adhesive that many people seem to really like. Hope this helps.

Halo

Old 03-28-2004, 07:15 AM   #5
(female)

Texasgal HB User

Thanks for your reply. I believe what you're referring to is the temporary reline material. I've had those as well..and you're right..they do become brittle with time. I was thinking there may be some new products (permanent soft reline material) that someone here may have used. Thanks again.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #6
(female)

cjay42 HB User
Smile Re: Soft denture relines?

I just had my teeth pulled a month ago and have had a lot of soreness. The dental assistant did a chairside soft reline. I noticed the material she was mixing and found it online. I don't know how well it works, I will try it in a month or so when this wears out. I don't know if we are allowed to post websites. But, I found one where you can order a kit yourself for 20.00 and they claim it last for a couple years. Worth a try instead of spending hundreds. I am new to the board. My gums were so sore after a month it hurt to put them in let alone try to eat anything not soft. The day they put the soft reline in, what a difference.

Closed Thread