It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2004, 04:02 PM   #1
(female)

AtlantaBlue HB User
Question Implant supported upper denture...

Does anyone on the board have an implant supported denture? If so, how many implants did it require? My dentist seems to think my upper denture can be secured with only two implants. What is your opinion? If I go for 4 implants it will require a sinus lift which I DO NOT want.
Thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to AtlantaBlue:
dolphinsprite (09-16-2011)
Old 04-20-2004, 04:27 PM   #2
Inactive

martid HB User
Re: Implant supported upper denture...

Hi Blue, why are you afraid of a sinus lift? I've had one on each side and apart for the cost, it's not a big deal at all, totally painless, maybe some bruising and a little swelling for 1 wk, I had no bruising at all. Your dentist would have to do the panoramic Xray to see if you have anough bone to embed the implants, depends on how long your natural teeth have been missing. If you want your upper denture secured with 2 implants, it's possible but you will have the plastic palette. If you don't want that horrible plastic roof in you mouth ( I juste hate it), you will have to have at least 6 implants, may be you can get away with 5, but It's more risky. Once your implants are placed, and the bone has growned around them, you can choose between different types of restorations. There are also mini-implants, but I think they are used on the bottom gums only, they are cheaper than conventional implants but they do not always work as well. I've had 8 implants installed in my upper jaw 2 months ago and now I have to wait another 8 or 9 months for them to be strong anough to support new teeth. I wear a upper denture while I'm waitting. HOpe that helped, but you should not be afraid of a sinus lift or augmentation. Marti

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread