It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2004, 06:49 AM   #1
(female)

mom2kaia HB User
Strange feeling in mouth

For the last few days a certain period of time after I wake up I get a weird feeling in my mouth. The only way I can describe it is it feels like I am chewing on salt. Not a lot of salt but it feels like I have hard granules in my mouth. I don't know if I have air in my gums or if my teeth are moving but it is really a bizarre feeling. There is nothing in my mouth.

Does anyone know what this could be? I am seriously overdue for a visit to the dentist and will be arranging it but this is causing me further anxiety now. I have always been paranoid of my teeth falling out.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2004, 07:43 PM   #2

ysco HB User
Re: Strange feeling in mouth

I don't recall I heard of such feeling... your description lacks some info so I can not connect it to anything I know. I can only guestimate it can be due to some crumbling fillings (or teeth?) or food particles you don't notice.

It does not sound particularly worrisome, anyhow. If your teeth and gums are otherwise healthy you should have no worries about the teeth falling out for this reason. Since it lasts only few days as you mentioned, there is even least need for concern. Still, if this sensation continues and it really bothers you, you may want to see your dentist, or even a GP might do.

Good luck

Last edited by ysco; 05-25-2004 at 07:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2004, 07:54 PM   #3
(female)

mom2kaia HB User
Re: Strange feeling in mouth

Thank you!

Like I said though, there is nothing in my mouth. It just feels/sounds like it which makes me think it's something like air in my gums or something. I have started to wonder if my teeth are shifting at night (perhaps from grinding however my husband says he hasn't noticed or heard anything) and then them moving back is causing that feeling. It's very strange and I have not been able to find anything online.

I haven't been to the dentist in 10 years because of something that happened to me at the dentist when I was 18. But I will make an appointment soon because I do have some tartar build up and my gums bleed sometimes when I brush/floss.

If anyone else has any ideas or experience with this I'd appreciate your comments.

Thanks again!

Closed Thread