It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2004, 03:25 AM   #1

Kristine1976 HB User
Question Abcess infection and no insurance

Good morning! My tooth problem woke me up bright and early (5am) this morning ....I have developed a abcess bump on the gum area in the back of my mouth where I had my wisdom tooth pulled out well over 10 years ago. It is causing ringing and this pressure feeling inside my left ear.
Also present is this localized pain underneath my chin on the same side as the infection.....is an abcess infection serious? If left untreated, what can it lead to? I have health insurance, but not dental coverage and what and how expensive is it to treat??? Before I call the dentist, I would like to hear from somebody.....Thanks.
~~~ Kristine

Old 05-27-2004, 03:38 AM   #2
(female)

krikin HB User
Re: Abcess infection and no insurance

I think probably all you need is an antibiotic and some pain medication especially if it's just on the gum and not a tooth. You should get in there soon because the pain will probably get severe and I don't think it should cost that much especially since they aren't trying to save a tooth. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2004, 05:21 AM   #3

sim884 HB User
Re: Abcess infection and no insurance

I agree with the antibotic and pain meds. But I do have a suggestion. My son had a problem with a toothache the dentist was closed for the weekend. So i made a appt with his regular doc. He said he doesnt do dental. I told him I know that but he cant get in to see the dentist til Monday can you at least start him on antibotics and a pain med til he can get to the dentist and he did. SO you might be able to go to the regular doc with your insurance and at least get the abcess taken care of. You do need to eventually get to the dentist to take care of it but this would be a way of getting some time til you can afford to go.

Closed Thread