It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2004, 11:38 PM   #1
(female)

theresainpa HB User
Question Menstrual cycle & tooth extractions

hello all again as most of you read my other thread i am having 5 teeth extracted on monday the 12th (4 being wisdon and a 2nd moular) i had a question that might sound sill but im going to ask it anyways since i am here wondering.. ok here goes..i was wondering if it is safe to have these teeth extracted while on your Menstrual cycle?? and are your chances higher of getting dry socket during this time?? i know most of you will ask if i am takin any birth control and the answer is no i am not..also i wanted to know how long should i have care for my 3 1/2 yr old daughter and 6 yr old son after the extractions are done ???any information or advice will help me thank you

Old 07-08-2004, 05:17 AM   #2

ljason HB User
Re: Menstrual cycle & tooth extractions

I have had a tooth extracted while on my Menstrual cycle.. I did not get dry socket but my tooth bled longer than usual but I have always been a little anemic and that could have had something to do w/ it (i don't know) I bled for four days not heavy but enough to scare me . If you take a multi vitamin w/ iron that should help keep your strengh up .. I will be gone over the weekend and want to wish you the best of luck...I still don't know when they are going to do my surgery.. I called the dentist yesterday and they said my partial was still not in.. I am so ready to get this over with.. I will say a little prayer for you .. Oh yeah I am not sure about the kids I am in the same boat as you.. I am getting my grandmother to come stay w/ me for a week just in case and so that she can cook me some good food instead of hubby heating up some can foods..lol Again best of luck..Keep me updated please how it goes...
Lee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2004, 06:59 AM   #3
(female)

muppet HB User
Re: Menstrual cycle & tooth extractions

I had all of my teeth pulled while on my menstrual cycle and had no problems. I did not bleed a lot from the extractions either.Not to worry.

Closed Thread