It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2004, 05:27 PM   #1

trenz HB User
jaw hurts

Is it normal for a tooth that hurts on the upper left side in back (tooth 15,coming out next week) to also cause pain in the lower jaw on the same side?

also, my dentist wanted to take out tooth 16 which is an impacted wisdom tooth. this has never hurt or caused me any problems. the tooth i mentioned above is cracked and causes pain. i want that one out but i am thinking of telling the OS to leave the wisdom in. I am 38 and would imagine any problems with that tooth would have occured by now.

Thanks

Old 07-27-2004, 11:34 PM   #2
Veteran

lateeth HB User
Re: jaw hurts

My whole sad tooth oddysey began a few months ago with a hairline crack pain on a bottom molar which a few days later became a painful top gum. I could not understand how the bottom pain became a top pain but evidently coincindentally i had a raging gum disease affected all my mouth. Now, this may not be your problem at all but in my explorations of what to do about this, i just had 6 teeth out. 3 wisdoms came out due to bone loss and 2 molars next to wisdom teeth(one next to one which needed to be pulled and one next to the one which was still good) The one remaining good wisdom tooth would then be next to a empty space. According to several dentists i have spoken with, wisdom teeth are not too necessary except to hang a bridge onto and my dentist thought altho this tooth was still good it wasn't really strong enough to hold a bridge, so i had that lone tooth in the corner pulled too. since yours is impacted likewise you cannot use it as a bridge end. I would not assume no problems after 38 years. I am a lot older than that and had no problems with my 4 wisdom teeth until 3 months ago. Now they became carriers of infection. Since I was already going for the teeth pulling, I think it was better to have all 6 in one sitting, then to go back again later to get another one pulled. I think wisdom teeth seem to regularly give people more problems than other teeth do. I constantly hear of someone having to get their wisdom teeth out! at all ages. You should ask your dentist for an explanation as to why the tooth should be pulled. Then you can evaluate the answer for yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread