It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2004, 12:28 PM   #1
(female)

muppet HB User
New Dentures, again

Well, I went last week for a consultation with some new people. I wanted their opinion of the situation with my other dentures. They definately felt that they could make me a new set that would look better and feel better.The dentist was amazed that the previous set still would not stay in my mouth good, after I had just had a liner put in them two days before.She also explained to me that it would not be impossible, but difficult to make them not be so gummy looking because I have a lot of bone in the top.Something the other dentist never ever told me till the day he filed the top teeth down and told me to come back in three more months.These people did impressions, and we also did the wax try-ins, and I received them Friday.They were sooooooooo tight that I could not get them out, or back in.Had to go without wearing them Sunday.Went back Monday and they did some adjustments, plus put a gum conditioner in the dentures. So I am having a few small sore areas, but very very little, and they look marvelous. The dentist told me also that my bite was way off with the other dentures.Ya know it messes with you mentally when you go through an ordeal like mine.These new dentures feel so completely snug, and I can chew better than before. I feel like they are my own teeth.I spoke to a lawyer the other day, and he told me to go back to the first dentist and show him my new teeth, and ask for a refund on the crappy teeth.If he refuses, he said my best bet would be to try to take him to small claims court.I certainly will attempt it, because these people that I went to for my new dentures even told me that if he couldn't make them right,he should have sent me somewhere else.They know him quite well as I said in a previous post,and they also told me that they trained him at their facility. He walked out on them.I will sure make an attempt at trying to get back the money for the old dentures.Thanks again for everyones responses, and support.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2004, 12:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
Re: New Dentures, again

How about trying you State Dental Assoc. if he is a member?

Old 08-03-2004, 01:16 PM   #3
(female)

muppet HB User

Good suggestion. I am going to report him to the state dental board, and to the Better Business Bureau also.

Old 08-03-2004, 03:12 PM   #4

dely1112 HB User

I'm glad for you Muppet - my third pair of dentures are so much better -- I know exactly how you feel. I found out the dentist that made my first two pair got fired. I don't know if it was because of me, but the boss dentist did look horrified when he saw the first and second pair, so I definitely didn't help his cause. If you would have seen his face, like I was the one with the problem..... Well, YEA, I WAS the one with the problem, and stuck out in left field with no way to help myself.
Way to go!!!
Debbi

Old 08-03-2004, 03:54 PM   #5
(female)

muppet HB User

I know that you have been through a real terrible time there also, but at least they were willing to try to work with you.It's not as though I was a constant complainer about this. I would go back when he would tell me come back, and I would simply bring the issue up each time.It starts to play games with your head, if you know what I mean. You put your faith in your dentist, and listen to what they tell you, as I did and after four months kept thinking something isn't right here.You start to look at yourself with the dentures in and I know for me I would look for changes, and some days I would think well, maybe they don't look that bad as I think they do, But they did.I told my husband the other night , he has no idea how this has affected me emotionally.The bottom line is he should have told me what the problem was.I can't wait to go and confront him about this soon.Why should he keep my money for something that is worthless to me.It took him four months to show any concern, and he still doesn't, and it took these other people six days.Yes, you know exactly what I've been going through because you have definately had your share of ups and downs.Chaulk it up to another of lifes experiences.

Closed Thread