It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 07:01 AM   #1

totuck HB User
New Dentures - Dry Lips

I just got my temporary upper and lower plates the end of July and since then, I have the dryest lips. I'm going broke (ha ha) buying lip balm. Does anyone know what causes this and if it will go away or anything that can help.
Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 08:51 AM   #2
(female)

knorr HB User
Re: New Dentures - Dry Lips

I had the same problem! I used lots of lip balm, but found a few that were better than others....Blistex Complete Moisture and a product called Aquaphor, which is more like a vaseline - I used that one at night.
The good news is that I eventually got past it, but I think it took 3 or 4 months. I don't know what causes it.....and my dentist didn't have an answer either - but it will get better. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 09:06 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User
Re: New Dentures - Dry Lips

the dry lips are probably because with your new dentures in your mouth is in a slightly different alignment and they may be pushing your lips out into a position that is foreign to them. In most cases this goes away after a short time. Do mention it to the dentist soon. Also if you are not wearing your dentures much and then put them in, it is likely that your lips will dry out. Still it is something worth mentioning to the dentist- make a list and take it with you every time you go- this way you can refer to it when you are being overwhelmed and tend to forget important stuff.

Closed Thread