It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2004, 03:00 AM   #1

Wind_Dancer HB User
Bumps or Granules on roof of mouth

I was just wondering what the heck these things are. I just took notice of them a year or less ago. When I rub my tounge on across the roof of my mouth it feels like really tiny granules are up there. On one ocassion when I wasn't well they became red, but I don't think they are normally like that. Does anyone else feel little granules on the roof of their mouth? Actually, they are just on the back of the roof of my mouth. The front is much more smooth. Is this normal? What are they? Thanks for reading & replying!

Old 09-03-2004, 07:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User
Re: Bumps or Granules on roof of mouth

Sound like they could be tori. Which is the name for the bone that your dentist was talking about. You can get them on top and under your tougne. Never usually anything to worry about unless you have to get dentures. Then you would probably need to have them removed for the denture to fit right. Some people have really large ones and some have really small ones. My husband has them under his tougne and he just noticed them about a year ago. I bet they have been there. Look it up on the internet and see if that's what they are.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2004, 01:17 PM   #3

batesS HB User
Re: Bumps or Granules on roof of mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_Dancer
I was just wondering what the heck these things are. I just took notice of them a year or less ago. When I rub my tounge on across the roof of my mouth it feels like really tiny granules are up there. On one ocassion when I wasn't well they became red, but I don't think they are normally like that. Does anyone else feel little granules on the roof of their mouth? Actually, they are just on the back of the roof of my mouth. The front is much more smooth. Is this normal? What are they? Thanks for reading & replying!
Hey. I have exact the very same thing. These pinpoint things just are there and are transparent from color. It feels like sand. I started to notice them when I started to look in my mouth. Don't do that. You will only freak out.
I don't know what they are, but I remember an article once about milia which produces tiny granules anywhere in the body, also on the palate where there is some form of irritation.
Take care

Closed Thread