It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2004, 09:13 PM   #1

mesueminna1 HB User
can they replace all my teeth with implants?

I have horrble teeth. 14 years ago I had the first of 3 transplants 2 livers and a kidney. While sick I threw up a whole lot. The bile eroded the enamel off my teeth and it did not help much when I was eatinf 4 to 5 whole lemons a day with salt to contol my nausea. So it was not long before I had to have a few teeth pulled. I have only got the front 12 teeth up top and 12 on the bottom with 2 others in the back. Fillings dont stay for more then a few months because they have nothing to hold on to. Two years ago I fell and chipped my front two teeth up top. The dentist I saw put a temp fix and then we did two porcilin veneers. But he did the cheapest he could. My fault for not researching better. But I did not know that you could do the ones with metal backings or all porcilin. He did the metal and now when I smile my gums above look blue. He told me it was because my gums were bruised from the dental work. But when he put them on he could not get them to fit right without hitting my bottom teeth. So he actually used that drill file thing they have and ground my teeth down so far that they are almost down to my gum line. I was horrified and cried for weeks after I saw them. When I was younger I was a model. I had not modeled for years because I have these huge scars from the surgery but I have always prided myself on being well kept and I love to smile. I dont do that anymore.
Today I finally broke down and went to the dentist because I have two teeth in the back that I chew everything with. The fillings fell out and the backs broke all the way to below the gums. So for about 2 weeks now I have been living on baby numbsit and anything that could besucked threw a straw. But I could not take the pain anymore so I caved and went in. He tells me I need 6 crowns on the top plus a removable bridge. And needed 8 on the bottom with a fixed bridge as well. All around 9000.00. But is does nothing to fix my apperance or really prevent my existing teeth from getting damaged again and/or the others going bad.
I can not see spending that kind of money for a temp fix to this. My dental insurance pays for a set of xrays and 2 cleanings and 2 fillings per year. And that is only if the amount does not total over 1200.00. My medical bills alone are over 3 million dollars as of this year. I dont have credit anymore to finance dental procedure after procedure. And I dont have the money to pay for it over and over again. But I dont know if they can or will replace all my teeth. I DO NOT WANT DENTURES. I am only 36 years old. Dentures would mean goo to hold them and a receding jaw bone and eventually they will not fit right no matter what when the jaw bone starts to go.
Can anyone help me?
Melinda

The following user gives a hug of support to mesueminna1:
jakes1mom (04-01-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2004, 11:31 PM   #2
Veteran

lateeth HB User
Re: can they replace all my teeth with implants?

I am sure others here will have more extensive answers for you but i do know that implants are very expensive. Having your whole mouth done would cost a lot more than $9,000. One implant in my town is about $3,000-4,000. (3,000 x 28 teeth would be $84,000!!! There are other approaches you could take which are less costly. Don't jump into implants until you check the price where you live.

Old 09-14-2004, 03:49 PM   #3
(female)

Kikki HB User
Re: can they replace all my teeth with implants?

Impants can be used to replace all of your teeth - in fact, it is commonly done these days. There are several options you could take, including an fixed overdenture that is anchored with several implants. It is basically a denture that is permanently placed in your mouth. They look very natural and I think you would be very happy with the results. The best thing you could do is find yourself a good implant dentist and see what he recommends for your specific issues...

Closed Thread