It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2004, 03:31 PM   #1
(female)

W.VgirlinIOWA HB User
Sensitive gums?Bump in roof of mouth?

Hi there all...I have really sensitive gums ..even after I brush they are a bit sore..no bleeding or redness or swelling..Just sore like feeling..Is this sensitive gums? Should I use a paste for sensitive teeth? And also I have a bump in the roof of my mouth a bit sore...what could this be? I can feel it with my tounge and felt it with my finger ..it has been there awhile.Could I have an infection causing this?Thanks in advance!

Old 09-19-2004, 05:27 PM   #2
(male)

PhillyGuy HB User
Re: Sensitive gums?Bump in roof of mouth?

I have gums like that too, so does my family. Even mild toothpaste stings a little and sometimes I get those sensitive bumps (oral ulcers) for a week or so. But it's no problem. They're not a disease, just rinse with warm saltwater a couple times daily for a minute or so to help clear one. I think using listerine every day or so will definitely improve the health of your gums overall (it stings a lot the first few times but eventually it feels like barely more than water after daily usage).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2004, 07:16 PM   #3
(female)

dabner HB User

You need to get the bump in the roof of your mouth checked out by your dentist. You could have an infection or disease. Does it feel like an ulcer or a growth?

Old 10-09-2004, 10:16 AM   #4
(female)

W.VgirlinIOWA HB User

Hi there everyone ..I still have the bump in the roof of my mouth ...the doctor checked it and said it was sinuses ..she couldn't see it..but you can't really see it ..it is under the gums on the right side of roof of mouth.It is really bothering me and I am scared.My doctor gave me medicines for my sinuses but the bump remains on the roof of my mouth.

Old 04-17-2005, 08:21 AM   #5
(female)

XPLiCiTCHuLa HB User

I have a bump on the roof of my mouth too. Almost right in the center. I just got it a few days ago...im kinda worried about it. Its a little sore not much though. Could it be a sign of an oral STD?

Old 04-17-2005, 09:28 AM   #6
(female)

W.VgirlinIOWA HB User

Hi there all ..this is a very old post ...But wanted to let you know I have lived with these bumps in my mouth , they still remain in the same places ,,I did have them checked to see if they were cancer but it turned up neg.And it is just exta gum in my mouth...so if anyone ever has a problem please go get it checked it could be just nothing

Old 04-17-2005, 02:38 PM   #7
(male)

fullstride HB User

Hi there, Good to know it was nothing serious! A little info, if the bump was a cancer it would have grown with time. If you get bumps in your mouth Id give it a few weeks to see if there are any changes. I would get it checked after that just for the sake of knowing what it is.

Closed Thread