It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2004, 08:52 PM   #1

Jessica41 HB User
Unhappy Sutures dissolving after wisdom teeth extraction...Help!

I had my wisdom teeth removed 8 days ago and am still in moderate pain. Taking vicodin every 3-4 hours, and one suture has come out from the top, but the ones on the bottom are hurting badly. they are on both sides of the extraction sites, and i can feel them just slightly under the gum, and OUCH. The one on my left side has come part way out, and when I talk, drink, or anything with my mouth, it kind of flaps and hurts so bad. I thought they would have dissolved by now, but no luck. Is there ANYTHING I can do to speed up the dissolving of these? They are the most painful parts of my mouth. Would using more mouthwash or anything help? Thanks in advance.

Jess

Last edited by Jessica41; 09-24-2004 at 08:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2004, 01:50 AM   #2

Skitzy HB User
Talking Re: Sutures dissolving after wisdom teeth extraction...Help!

don't know how to have them disolve quicker wish i did mine have been in since tuesday and they r really making me mad not to mention the pain feel like pulling them out, but back to the dentist monday hoping he will take them all out
taking painkillers but in so much agony noone has bothered to give me anything decent for that even though i have some pain management problems and serious other prblems
if u find out a way of getting the sutures out, mine r everywhere and r really humiliating, let me know

[Please refrain from the use of cuss/slang words. Words like "really making me mad" are preferred. Thanks - Well-come Moderator]

Last edited by Well-come; 09-27-2004 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Removed cuss/slang word.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2004, 12:24 PM   #3
Inactive

Libbyanne HB User
Re: Sutures dissolving after wisdom teeth extraction...Help!

If they really bother you , call the oral surgeon or dentist and ask if he can remove them. They normally fall out on their own after a week but mine didn't and I had the unfortunate experience of having them ripped out with denture adhesive. Before that, I had one that really hurt because when I ate, my tingue kept brushing it. I went to my OS and he removed since my gums were healing well.

Old 09-26-2004, 06:33 PM   #4

Jessica41 HB User

The one on the outside of the bottom left that was really bothering me came out yesterday when i was doing the mouthwash deal. Is it normal for them to be on both sides of the gums on all the extraction sites? I can feel them under the gum, they feel like knots and hurt.

Last edited by Jessica41; 09-26-2004 at 06:33 PM.

Old 09-26-2004, 08:31 PM   #5
Inactive

Libbyanne HB User

One of the stitches that I ripped out was about an 1 1/2 inches long. It depends on the type of stitch I guess. Since my stitches involved a large area, I felt knots everywhere. If you do feel knots under the gum, it may be that the gum is just swollen and is covering it. Give the gums time to heal and the swelling to go down. My last stitch fell out today and it has been almost 2 weeks since the surgery. If they had to cut your wisdom teeth out because they were impacted, that would explain why your gums are still tender.

Closed Thread