It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2004, 09:18 AM   #1
(female)

W.VgirlinIOWA HB User
Lump in Roof of mouth..anyone else had one?

Hello everyone,
I am writing today about lump in the roof of mouth.I am going to the dentist tommorow to get a checkup once more.First all I have a smooth small lump on the center right side of the roof of my mouth (Hard palate).I am not sure how long it has been there,but it recently got sore.I went to my family doctor and she told me it was due to sinus infections and that is where the infection lay upon in the face.She gave me infection pills but it did nothing for the lump in my mouth.The lump is smooth,same color as the rest of my mouth (pink).But you can only feel it ,the lump you can't see,due to it's not any odd color or anything.And I have had sinus troubles for a long time,I too have the nodes in one side of my neck that never go down,stay swelled.I know my possiblitys of what the lump may be, I done searches on the net and talked to various dentist in chat.I am 25 female,a smoker (which i shouldn't).But I am wondering has anyone had any of this happen.With allergies/sinuses?And if so did the infection pills the doctor give actually help?Seems drugs they prescribe to me never help at all. Thanks in advance.
W.VgirlinIowa

Old 10-13-2004, 12:13 AM   #2
(female)

W.VgirlinIOWA HB User
Re: Lump in Roof of mouth..anyone else had one?

Anyone??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2004, 09:07 AM   #3
(female)

Kaycee41 HB User
I had a lump in the roof of my mouth. It was about the size of a dime and only slightly raised. Mine was a little paler colored than the rest of my mouth. My dentist sent me to an oral surgeon who recomened a biopsy...scared the **** out of me. The biopsy came back negative. I always wondered if it was from the injections I had recently gotten in the roof of my mouth when I was having a root canal? Anyway, try not to worry too much (easy for me to say!).

I was a smoker too, in my early twentys. I quit about 20 years ago. It was one of the smartest things I've ever done. Now I'm in my 40's and I think about all the cigs I would have smoked over the years by now if I hadn't quit when I did...not to mention all the money, odor in my home, etc. My husband still smokes and I worry that someday soon all the smoking is going to catch up with him. He won't quit until he gets that call from the doctor telling him they've found a serious problem. There are so many things about our health that we have no control over. Quiting is the one thing that we do have some control over. Believe me, I know it's hard, but it's so worth it! I'll quit preaching now.....

Closed Thread