It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2004, 08:10 PM   #1
(male)

surreal HB User
My implant hurts??

My front tooth implant hurts more than a regular crown... I still cant get used to it after 4 years.. Sort of like a metal piece stuck onto your gums. Its so stiff and numb. it's not the near the pain as a crown.
My dentists says it looks OKAY but i think he might have put the titanium screw too deep into the gum...
I wish i never had it but he told me my gum needed to heal and the previous crown had to go.. I am so sad because i should it gotten a second opinion..

Old 11-17-2004, 07:48 PM   #2
Inactive

martid HB User
Re: My implant hurts??

Hi surreal, I have many implants and they don't hurt and should not hurt. They are supposed to be screwed deep into your jaw bone and not into the gum. Have you had your dentist x-ray it lately?? Maybe it failed. Marti

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2004, 07:27 AM   #3
(male)

surreal HB User
Re: My implant hurts??

Quote:
Originally Posted by martid
Hi surreal, I have many implants and they don't hurt and should not hurt. They are supposed to be screwed deep into your jaw bone and not into the gum. Have you had your dentist x-ray it lately?? Maybe it failed. Marti
I believe mine is screw into the jaw bone. He did x-ray and if he saw something uncommon, he would have told me. So its pass your gums into your jaw, wouldn't that hurt??... It's not too bad but is just different than a crown. Mine took 12 months, 6 months for gum to heal, 6 more months for the post &crown... I read here that it took only 6 months for some poeple. Why is that?
I have a front crown next to my front implant tooth (it was a crown but the doc said no surgery can help and took out the post and all, for healing, then he put the implant). I am so afraid that the crown next to it will go the same path. I hear people say that crowns last for 10-15 years.. So what happens next? You mean crowns can break. I still dont' understand why he did what had to do be done. He first told me surgery can fix it but next thing he was pulling the crown.. It sucks, but what's done is done.. My fear is the next crown, i dont want to go over the implant process. What are the chances of the adjacent crown getting infected and getting it pulled??It hurts me a little, little bit but the xray doesnt show anything, it moves a little bit too. It's 15 years old already.

thanks martid.
Btw, i hope you are happy. People with implants and more invasive dental work need extra care because these are not a permanent solution. Problems arise more once you get bridges, implants,etc. I mean they can affect (by putting stress) on the adjacent good teeth. If you can avoid, more kudos. The mental stress that i have to live with, that they have fallen, wait couple of weeks from the crown lab,etc. It's so unanoying and depressing.

Closed Thread