It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2004, 11:12 AM   #1
(male)

yakimiiis HB User
Small lumps/bumps inside lower lip

Hi there. I have a bunch of small bumps/lumps under the "skin" on the inside of my mouth. Mostly on my lower lip, of various sizes.

I've had these for a long time. I'm 25, but recently mentioned them to my wife -- I thought everyone had them, but she didn't. After some searching I thought it worth a post.

I bite my cheek and lower lips quite a bit, and for the most part I bite these bumpy areas. I don't know if I bite them because they're bumpy, or if they're bumpy because I bite them. It's been a really long time.

I do have a few bumps in my upper lip area, and I don't think I bite there -- it's kind of hard to bite your upper lip.

I don't drink, smoke, or chew, and never have.

Any thoughts?

Thanks much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2004, 02:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User
Re: Small lumps/bumps inside lower lip

Hi! Do these bumps that you get cause you any physical discomfort??

My husband gets little "bumps" from time to time on his inner lower lip as well. They do not bother him, nor are they irritated by eating spicy or acidic foods. He went to the doctor once to inquire about cosmetic removal, and the doctor told him the little bumps might be some type of "ulcer" (which I think is a catch all term for we-can't-give-you-an-exact-answer). When they appear they are little, white, and kind of cyst-like. Since they cause no discomfort, the doctor said it would be better if they were left alone. They always disappear on their own. BTW-- my husband does not smoke, drink, or chew either.

Since then, we've talked to others and have found that a lot of people we know get the same thing. Maybe this is something that is rather common??
Unless you are in physical discomfort I would not worry too much about it.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by mellowfish; 12-17-2004 at 02:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2004, 03:04 PM   #3
(female)

norrell HB User
Re: Small lumps/bumps inside lower lip

I'm not sure what is going on with your upper lip. The bumps on your lower lip can be due from continual biting that area. If you keep biting any area in your mouth it will eventually form a hard small knot. It may be bothersome but not painful usually. What ever those bumps may be, check with your dentist the next time you go see him/her. Meanwhile keep an eye on them. Make sure the shape, size, and color don't change. If you see any changes it's time to see the doc.

The Following User Says Thank You to norrell For This Useful Post:
cur135 (03-17-2012)
Closed Thread