It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2004, 10:21 PM   #1
(male)

BoingoBongo HB User
White spot/lump on gums

Hi all,

A few weeks back I noticed a white spot on the gums of the upper right side of my mouth. The best way to describe it is that it basically looks like a whitehead or zit on my gums. I see it, and then forget about it until I happen to feel it or notice it again. It doesn't seem to be going away though. I was hoping someone here might have some kind of idea as to what this might possible be. I go to the dentist regularly, and the dentist hasn't said anything. My next appointment is in March, so hopefully this will either clear up by then, or be nothing serious so I can jsut ask the dentist about it.

Old 12-27-2004, 10:54 PM   #2
(male)

BoingoBongo HB User
Re: White spot/lump on gums

It's not painful or anything, and it is raised up, not a "patch".

Maybe I just need to improve my brushing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2004, 03:34 PM   #3
(female)

norrell HB User

This is a wild guess but it could be your bone. If it's along your gum and it's very hard and just very tiny bump, raised then it could be your bone. You know some ppl have torus or tori on the roof of their mouth or on the lower teeth? You can have tiny bone growth on your bum. It's not very common but I've seen some. If that is the case there is nothing you can do about it. Sometimes they do get a little larger. Watch for changes in color, size and shape. The next time you go in for your check up have your hygienist or dentist look at it.

Old 01-04-2005, 11:01 AM   #4
(female)

courtenaynt HB User

What you are describing sounds like a fistula. It's your body's way of channelling infection away from the tooth site (so it doesn't build up and hurt immensely). It's VERY important you get to your dentist. I had a fistula (look it up online) and had a severe infection that had to be surgically repaired. The longer you wait, the worse it gets...I would really encourage you to contact your dentist.

Good luck.

Old 01-04-2005, 11:20 AM   #5
(female)

boompagirl HB User

Look at this web site: [Removed]

[Please do not list websites with advertising of products or services. See the "Posting Rules". Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 01-04-2005 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Removed website URL

Old 01-05-2005, 12:15 PM   #6
(female)

ASUgirl HB User

I have one of those right now, but mine came with pain, and my dentist told me exactly what the person before posted, its an abcess where the infection can drain, my dentist told me that its presence minimizes pain, so I would definately go see your dentist, especially if it is near a tooth that has had work done on it. Mu infection is in a root from a root canal that apparently was not done right, good luck, asugirl

Old 01-05-2005, 12:36 PM   #7
(female)

suzyisdizzy HB User

That is more than likely an infection. One of your teeth may have died and now it is developing an abcess. You better get to the dentist and tell him what you have seen and have xrays.
Good luck

Old 01-06-2005, 07:12 PM   #8
(female)

Nance77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoingoBongo
Hi all,

A few weeks back I noticed a white spot on the gums of the upper right side of my mouth. The best way to describe it is that it basically looks like a whitehead or zit on my gums. I see it, and then forget about it until I happen to feel it or notice it again. It doesn't seem to be going away though. I was hoping someone here might have some kind of idea as to what this might possible be. I go to the dentist regularly, and the dentist hasn't said anything. My next appointment is in March, so hopefully this will either clear up by then, or be nothing serious so I can jsut ask the dentist about it.
I had this and it was a fistula..In my case, my tooth had died (the nerve) but I never had pain in the tooth, cos it was draining thru the gum...I had this for years and my dentist just let it go, and finally I had alot of facial pain, gland swelling,etc and I saw an oral surgeon who said the tooth was infected and the infection was making me feel sick all over, and the tooth had to be extracted and I also had to have gum surgery to remove some bone, due to I think waiting so long for a dx and my dentist not doing anything about it..I would get it checked and get an xray..At this point, if your tooth is bad, you can get a root canal, but I waited too long..

Closed Thread