It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2004, 07:13 PM   #1
(female)

heather22 HB User
See through teeth!!!!!!!

My teeth are becoming more and more clear at the bottom. This really worries me. Does anyone know what causes this and what can be done about it?

Heather

Old 12-31-2004, 04:55 AM   #2
(female)

norrell HB User
Re: See through teeth!!!!!!!

I believe it's because of the lack of calcium but I'm not 100% sure. I know what you are talking about those clear see thru areas on your teeth. I have some too but I'm not worried about it. Our front teeth are fairly thin. Just becareful not to bite on something hard with your front teeth. And no there is no treatment unless you want to crown or do vaneers which is insane if there is nothing wrong with the teeth.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 01:03 PM   #3
(female)

alemana00 HB User

I have a similar problem, which my dentist attributed to hereditary enamel erosion. I've had a few crowns placed in the back because of this. There is a great toothpast out there called Enamel Care by Arm and Hammer. It has worked wonders for me. I would also take a calcium supplement and avoid acidic foods.

Old 01-04-2005, 03:40 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

I have that problem mine is from years of bulimia. After I made myself stop it was to late the damage was already done. The worst teeth are the 2 top front ones. The bottoms of them are see through so that if I put my tongue up behind them you see the color of my tongue. Not much I can do excpet get them crowned. can not even get veneers as there is nothing for them to bond too. The top of them by the gum line are fine but still not enough to get veneers. *sigh*

My dentist said that people develop the low enamel through bad genes too. Some people just get it.

Jenteal

Old 01-18-2005, 06:48 AM   #5
(female)

wuzu HB User

I am soo glad that I found this website and that someone else has this problem. I have the same thing.

I asked my uncle who is a microbiologist in dental research and he said right away that it sounds like demineralization, which in my case was due to pregnancy. (Which makes sense to me, because I noticed it a couple months after birth). The babies leech whatever calcium they can get from you, which can leave you deficient. Basically, you are not getting enough calcium and that if you replenish your calcium, it should reverse itself. I am the first to admit I do not take enough calcium or drink milk.

Hope that helps. I would verify it with your dentist to make sure though.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:25 PM   #6
(female)

norrell HB User

Sorry that is not demineralization. Demineralization is due to not removing plaque from a tooth surface. The tooth starts to decalified and it looks like white spots on your teeth. It's basically a weak area prone to decay. If it does not re-calcified then it will turn into a cavity. Also the theory that babies take calsium from your teeth is a myth. Babies draw calcium from your bone, not your teeth. The reason pregnant women are prone to decay or teeth problem after pregnancy is due to the hormones out of balance, not doing proper home care, vomiting and the acid from the vomit weakens teeth, gums hurt so they don't floss, etc.

Closed Thread