It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 11:53 PM   #1
(female)

kitty24 HB User
Unhappy teeth hurt after a reg.cleaning

My gums have always been sensitive.I'm getting Invisalign in a month and had a reg.cleaning done.The lower front teeth are still sensitive.I do need to floss more often and i need one more cleaning before the braces.She had to stop because my gums were getting a little inflammed.Why do the teeth become so sensitive and does anyone here floss and how often and please let me know if anyone likes to use the mouthwash such as Listerine?I can't keep in my mouth for 30seconds....

Old 01-26-2005, 04:43 AM   #2
(female)

norrell HB User
Re: teeth hurt after a reg.cleaning

It sounds like you had a lot of tarter on your teeth if you need two cleanings to get you up to date. If you don't get regular check ups like every 6, 4, or 3 months whatever your need then your teeth will be sensitive as well as your gums being tendered. If your teeth are sensitive to begin with, it will be more sensitive after the cleaning. Your lower front teeth is where you formed the most amount of tarter. Imagine that the tarter was covering up the teeth like a blanket. When the tarter is removed then the teeth is exposed to air, hot, cold, and sweets. It will be sensitive, esp. if you have some gum recession which is usually the case if you had the tarter sitting there for years. But it should subside with time. If you are sensitive to hot/cold/sweets you can use sensodyne toothpaste. For listerine to be effective you have to swish for 30 seconds. You are suppose to brush twice and floss once a day. When you go back for your second cleaning ask the dental hygienist to go over some home care instructions with you. It's her job to show you how to properly take care of your teeth. Write down any questions you have a head of time so you can ask her when you see her. It's never too late to start taking care of your teeth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread