It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2005, 01:22 PM   #1
(female)

Iphigenia HB User
Abscess coming back already??

A couple weeks ago I had an extremely nasty abscess drained on my upper right tooth and I was given antibiotics. About a week and a half later I had eight fillings and a temporary crown put in. Anyways, when I first had my abscess I felt really strange the day the pain first started to get bad. I was having urinary problems, I felt incredibly fatigued and just overall sick. Yesterday I started to get some weird feeligns again as well. Incredibly fatigued, severe back pain, and my tooh where the abscess was removed and the tooth and surrounding teeth where the temp crown was put in were starting to give me really bad pain. It looked at my tooth with the temp crown and it looks like there's a space between the gum and the tooth. Could it be coming off? Also, is it possible that my abscess is already coming back? I called in my dentist and he wasn't there so another dentist prescribed me some painkillers and antiobiotics and i will see my dentist tomororw, but I am just wondering what you guys think about this. Thanks!

Old 02-14-2005, 08:18 PM   #2
(female)

toothfairy619 HB User
Re: Abscess coming back already??

that abscess is going to come right back after you finish the next round of antibiotics, until you get a root canal. if it is a gum abscess or perio abscess you need to have it cleaned (curretted) out. the fatigue and sick feeling is most likely from that infection. if you think about it its bacteria going into your bloodstream. dont forget to finish ALL the antibiotics even after the treatment is done, unless other wise advised not to by your doctor.
the temp crown is not going to be absolutley perfect. if you are wearing the temp crown because you had a prep for a perm cown, most likely he used a cord or laser to push the gum back a bit to get a precise impression. usually the gum will come back down to meet the temp crown. the small space is probably fine for the temp crown. make sure the perm crown does not have this problem! it sounds like the dr. did a lot of work on you. i would expect you to be sore, especially if he had to give you injections. i would request to do less work at a time to keep you more comfortable later. good luck with eveything!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2005, 11:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

that abscess is going to come right back after you finish the next round of antibiotics, until you get a root canal. if it is a gum abscess or perio abscess you need to have it cleaned (curretted) out.

That abscess may come back even IF you have a root canal because mine just did !! A year after the root canal up pops a gum abscess, same place.
The dentist advised root planing and scaling. Last thing I want to do is irritate that root ANY FURTHER. So, I'm healing the abscess myself. The antibiotics that I took last 2 weeks in January merely made it stop aching with chewing. The home treatment I'm doing has changed the abscess from flaming red to baby pink and the bump is almost gone.
No surgery, no pain and much less expense

Old 02-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User

SusanGene - what are you doing for the abcess. I desperately need some of that informatiion since I am allergic to most antibiotics and because of Crohn's disease can't really tolerate more than a couple of days of the others that are left and have a similar problem. Please help with your info. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2005, 03:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User
Smile Re: Abscess coming back already??

hi suggi, it isn't an Instant Gratification like surgery but it's so gratifying. I feel like I'm beating the System (and a dental bill) I often read about people having "treatments" that just happen to create the need for More treatments and I didn't want to be part of that
Each day I take one Oil of Oregano gelcap & 1000mg of Ester-C . Somewhere through the day I rub in some bee propolis extract or tincture (this is really fun to learn about). At bedtime I brush normally but I put 3 drops of Clenzology on the toothbrush after using my HydroFloss. At first, I'd also rinse with strong Very warm saltwater after the brushing. So it took about 2 wks of doing this to really get rid of all the redness and reduce the puffiness noticeably. I realized there was a good chance that the root planing and scaling would accomplish the same thing but much faster; I also realized that I didn't want to end up with possible post-operative pain and bleeding Plus a bill of almost $200 . I had to pay almost 80 for the HydroFloss (my dentist tried to sell me one), about $9 for the propolis and about $15 for the Clenzology (I have no memory of how I learned about this one). But they were all 3 things that I wanted and needed anyhow. The propolis tincture is so great for kids' cuts. My grandson had a crack in the side of his mouth and was fussing about it in Walmart. My daughter thought she could get him to ignore it but it hurt too much. I happened to have a tiny little jar of facecream in my purse that I mixed propolis into (I wondered if I'd Ever use it) , took a tiny bit and put it on his mouth: instantly no more pain.
I felt like a Wonderful Grandmother as he thanked me. I was so happy I was able to come up with something so quickly! The container actually was a sample from Clinique; very small. That propolis stains; so you have to be very careful. But it kills Everything! Plus, it numbs everything. You can feel a "coating" on the gums after you apply it. I am SO into alternatives

Old 02-15-2005, 05:47 PM   #6
(female)

Iphigenia HB User

okay, i went to the dentist today and I'm going to clarify...I wasn't actually sure if I got a root canal or not one the abscessed tooth, but I found out that I did, so I shouldn't be getting it back...is it possible that I'm getting a separate infection that stemmed from the abscess? I'm just extremely fatigued, shaky, sore, with a sore throat..I'm wondering if maybe they're related. or any of my dental work.

Closed Thread