It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2005, 07:41 AM   #1
(female)

Linda1164 HB User
Dentist Accidentally cut my mouth!!

I was getting temporary crowns in yesterday for a bridge I'm getting done, and while he was filing my tooth (or whatever it is they do!!) he must have slipped with the drill and cut the tissue right under my tongue...

He told me that it might be irritated for a day or two, and I know he felt bad cuz before I left he gave me his number to call him today if I needed him to call in a prescription.

It's a good sized cut and it hurt like hell last night when the novocaine wore off, and today... Well, yes, it DOES hurt, but not so badly that I want to pay for a prescription... Advil works fine... but I can hardly chew or anything; it hurts to eat ...Just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else...

I rinsed with Biotene this morning, and I think i will do a salt water rinse tonight to help it heal faster...

Old 02-22-2005, 02:12 PM   #2
(male)

audreyjudith HB User
Re: Dentist Accidentally cut my mouth!!

LOL - You make it sound like you are fishing to see if you can sue him for money. Get a life

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2005, 07:33 AM   #3

jawpainhurts HB User

why don't you get a life and be a little more compassionate. esp when it comes to dental mistakes. if in fact it is one, and she is hurt or will continue to have trouble why not sue anyway? it's like a bad car wreck.

in fact, she is asking what is with the pain - what's up wwith you rushing to post about suing.

Old 02-23-2005, 07:35 AM   #4
(male)

dancersadie HB User

Have you tried rinsing with salt water? I feel for you.

Please disregaed audreyjudith's post. She must have been having a bad day.

Hope it's getting better.

Old 02-25-2005, 04:01 PM   #5
(male)

audreyjudith HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawpainhurts
why don't you get a life and be a little more compassionate. esp when it comes to dental mistakes. if in fact it is one, and she is hurt or will continue to have trouble why not sue anyway? it's like a bad car wreck.

in fact, she is asking what is with the pain - what's up wwith you rushing to post about suing.

I am laughing at your post

Old 02-25-2005, 04:45 PM   #6
(female)

RachelmLo HB User

Your best bet is to rinse with the salt water and take the medication you need for the pain. As long as the pain gets better instead of worse, you really don't have anything to worry about.

Old 02-25-2005, 09:02 PM   #7
(female)

katkat2029 HB User

hey i have worked in a dentist office and this has happened cause they are not perfect and sometimes they could slip...if anything call the office and ask the dentist what can he recomend for the pain and maybe he will prescribe something or even have u go to the office so he could take a look.

Old 02-26-2005, 07:31 PM   #8
(female)

dabner HB User

What happened to you is very common. In fact, the drill slips in a patients mouth in a bout 1 in 3 procedures. Call the dentist and maybe he can give you something for the pain. As long as it is not bleeding and you don't have a lot of inflamation or any "oozing" you are probably ok. The mouth tends to heal very quickly.

Old 02-27-2005, 08:49 PM   #9

Tick Tock HB User

I had the same thing happen. Drill slipped while cutting off a broken crown. It took about a week, but it healed fine. No lingering problems. Just talk to your dentist if you have any problems.

Old 03-01-2005, 07:55 AM   #10
(female)

RachelmLo HB User

Unfortunatly, this can happen. It is uncomfortable, but it should get better. If it does not, then see your dentist. Just keep up with the salt water rinses. Biotene is a rinse for dry mouth, and will not help with the healing.

Closed Thread