It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2005, 12:16 PM   #1

toosunNeo HB User
Unhappy Wisdom tooth extracted - still hurts:(

Hello everyone,

I had all four wisdom tooth extracted 5 weeks ago. The bottom two were impacted. Right after the surgery, I had swelling for 2-3 days, jaw stiffness, and felt very weak. I lost about 10 pounds as a result of this surgery. Things became worse when I found out I had dry socket a week after the surgery so they put dressing on top of the socket.

A couple of weeks after the surgery, the pain in the jaw subisided however, i do feel some pain on the right jaw sometimes. Also, I have been feeling my ears pulsating like heart beating especially when I go to bed. I met with GP and ENT and they said nothing is wrong with my ears and the pain that i am getting is referred pain. Also, I have been following up with my Oral Surgeon who removed the wisdom teeth and he clears the socket area with water every 4-5 days. He tells me the socket is looking fine and it should heal up completely within couple of months. I am a little worried and frustrated about this because I dont know how long this pain will last.

Can anyone tell me how long the referred pain lasts if they had a painful surgery or know anyone who did and any tips on what i can do with the healing? Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thx in advance,

Neo

Last edited by toosunNeo; 03-01-2005 at 12:22 PM.

Old 03-16-2005, 08:07 PM   #2
(female)

bonnielynn HB User
Post Re: Wisdom tooth extracted - still hurts:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosunNeo
Hello everyone,

I had all four wisdom tooth extracted 5 weeks ago. The bottom two were impacted. Right after the surgery, I had swelling for 2-3 days, jaw stiffness, and felt very weak. I lost about 10 pounds as a result of this surgery. Things became worse when I found out I had dry socket a week after the surgery so they put dressing on top of the socket.

A couple of weeks after the surgery, the pain in the jaw subisided however, i do feel some pain on the right jaw sometimes. Also, I have been feeling my ears pulsating like heart beating especially when I go to bed. I met with GP and ENT and they said nothing is wrong with my ears and the pain that i am getting is referred pain. Also, I have been following up with my Oral Surgeon who removed the wisdom teeth and he clears the socket area with water every 4-5 days. He tells me the socket is looking fine and it should heal up completely within couple of months. I am a little worried and frustrated about this because I dont know how long this pain will last.

Can anyone tell me how long the referred pain lasts if they had a painful surgery or know anyone who did and any tips on what i can do with the healing? Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thx in advance,

Neo

Last edited by bonnielynn; 03-16-2005 at 08:09 PM. Reason: same situation after 4 weeks still in alot of pain

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 08:15 PM   #3
(female)

bonnielynn HB User
Re: Wisdom tooth extracted - still hurts:(

Hi I had only 1 impacted wisdom tooth removed 4 weeks ago. still have alot of jaw pain went to surg. several times took x-rays showed nothing wrong. Iam going crazy with pain taking darvocet every 4-5 hours Dr said may take up to 3-6 months I hope he wont stop giving me pain meds I wont get addicted. I had uterus cancer several years ago and had many surgeries and a hysterectomy also had 3 kids with no pain meds This is the worst pain ever I want it to go away HELP ME!!!! any comments will help Thank you so much

Closed Thread