It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2005, 01:19 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User
Need advice

Help! I just found out when the dentist tapped the crowned, root canaled tooth with decay under and the tooth next to it ------ that, in fact, the one that hurts is the live one next to it. He said there is no cavity and it may be a crack that is not showing up on the xray. I thought maybe the crowned one got cracked and was starting to infect. Anyway, now I need 2 teeth out and they are my last chewing teeth. Nothing left but the front ones and how long will they last if I use them to chew???????????????? I was going to get a partial plate for the bottom but am allergic to nickel and have not been able to find out if there is any nickel in the plate. The company won't talk to me (patient) and so far the dentist's office hasn't found out anything. Even the band that fits around the tooth could have nickel in it. Also, the 2 top teeth that have to come out have roots in the sinuses and my PCP said I could not have any upper teeth out until my sinuses clear up. They have been bad for almost 2 months and because I am allergic to so many antibiotics she won't give me another course of Ceclor 250. I had it for 10 days in the beginning. It mostly cleared up and then a week later got worse again and I can hardly breathe at all through my nose. The last tooth I had out (bottom) had trouble healing in the socket and bone and with the roots in the sinuses I am really scared. Any words of advice or comfort would be appreciated greatly. I hurt and can't wait until it festers up because of the antibiotics. Also, I have Crohn's disease and can only take a low dose when I do take it.
Thanks for any help.

Suggi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread