It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 06:34 PM   #1
(female)

wideawakeinaz HB User
Question 6 months since deep cleaning....HELP!!!!

i don't get it. 6 months ago, i had a 2 part deep cleaning. one week was the left side, 2 weeks later was the right side. however, like i said that was 6 months ago...

since then, i have been flossing, been brushing, been using Plax, been using mouthwash and guess what? my bottom front teeth of full of dried, caked on calculus. if i open my mouth and look at my teeth, look at the back of the front teeth, you see all the yellow looking crud and no matter how hard i brush, nothing comes off.

today at work, a huge piece of calculus broke off and now my tongue is playing with the vacant hole it left. i know its calculus, because i put a toothpick by the hole and it's solid, so i was told, if it was solid, then my tooth is fine and it's tartar that broke off.

i don't get this. what am i not doing or what am i doing wrong?

is there any at home treatments i can do to maybe soften the tartar so that i can remove it?

will i need another deep cleaning or will a regular cleaning be able to get the hard plaque off?

i'm calling my dentist tomorrow to see about an appointment, but i don't have $200 for a deep cleaning, but i also don't know if a regular cleaning will help.

help me...please!
Charlene

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 10:28 PM   #2
Veteran

lateeth HB User
Re: 6 months since deep cleaning....HELP!!!!

I don't know if this is any help to you but I too had a bunch of dried in calculus form on the inside of my bottom teeth a few weeks after a deep cleaning. I took it off (and I am sure this was not a good idea but it is what i did) by scratching with the point of a safety pin. since that time, this amount has not formed again on my teeth. I have been back several times to the dentist for other things and they have not mentioned my having a large amount of calculus under my gums.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread