It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2005, 10:03 AM   #1
(female)

wideawakeinaz HB User
Regular cleaning vs deep cleaning?

What is the difference between getting a deep cleaning and a regular cleaning? i had a deep cleaning 9 months ago, my first one ever, first cleaning ever. since then, my teeth are just full of plaque and tartar again. dark yellow, caked on the back of my front teeth. the front of my teeth look decent, but the back is horrible and pieces of tartar are falling out, leaving holes on the back of my teeth.

anyways, i'm scheduled in 4 weeks for a regular cleaning, due to the time i can get off from work and was wondering, what is the difference? will a regular cleaning be able to get the really hard tartar off my teeth or will i need a deep cleaning for that?

Old 03-19-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
(female)

wideawakeinaz HB User
Re: Regular cleaning vs deep cleaning?

any thoughts would be great

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2005, 05:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User
Re: Regular cleaning vs deep cleaning?

Deep cleaning is usually done in two sessions (they do half of your mouth one week and then the other half another week) and I believe with some kind of a laser that goes underneath the gums. The deep cleaning is usually used when you haven't had your teeth clean for a long time and it's in fairly bad condition. Regular cleanings are usually done every 4-6 months depending on the condition of your teeth/gums and what the dentist recommends and there's scraping. Saw your other post about your concern about losing your teeth from the scaping - don't worry - you won't lose your teeth unless you have one that is very loose. And, if you do, I'm sure the hygienst will let the dentist know. Good luck...

Closed Thread