It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2005, 11:07 AM   #1

davemason2k HB User
Filling fell out or new cavity?

How can you tell the difference? I had a few fillings a couple years ago and 1 filling already fellout that she replaced and recently I spotted a little black cavity spot and it's even bigger now. The thing is I brush my teeth and floss everyday. Also a few weeks ago while I was brushing I noticed blood on my toothbrush. I doubt it was my gums. Is it possible the filling just fell out?

Old 03-30-2005, 04:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User
Re: Filling fell out or new cavity?

Yeah, it's certainly possible....Have you tried this: Rinse with water in your mouth but ONLY on the area you suspect the filling fell out of--if it hurts like hell I'm thinking that's a sign you've got a cavity still spreading. Also, decay can occur around fillings that DON'T fall out so I'd get it checked out...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2005, 07:12 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

My fillings fell out. I had the metal ones taken out and repleaced with white fillijgs. Then 5 years later I went to a dental schoolfor wisdom teeth removal and the student said that there was on air pocket in them those fillings I just had done. The professor said the same thing too. So all the ones that I had replaced with white fillings the school took them out and redid them agian with another white fillings. 3 years later they are skrinking. That's the best way I can described it. One of them fell almost all the way out. So then I went back to the doctor that filled them the first time and she said that there was no such thing as an air pocket to show up in an exray. So he just redid 3 and I have to go back for te other 2. In a month. With no insurance and $125 to $195 a tooth thats a big dent in my pocket.

The only thing that my dentisit siad was that the student needed the grade and pratice. The color was an exact match to my teeth. The work looked exceptional but the work under the color was horrible. My dentist said that he thinks that the student used little or no bonding agent. Which is whey they were coming out. I had no bleeding though just alot of senstitive.

Jenteal

Old 03-30-2005, 09:12 PM   #4

davemason2k HB User

rush_rulz ,well the tooth doesn't hurt like hell when I rinse but it's sensitive to cold water and foods like ice cream. I'm not sure this means anything though because my teeth have always been like this. I'm just angry I have a cavity when I floss and brush every day. I'm thinking it has something to do with the filling in that area because the rest of my teeth look perfect. Oh well I'm gonna get it checked out asap. grrrr

Old 04-01-2005, 08:31 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

Ok on other topics I have responded by saying that my problems were from my student dentist. Which they were. However after my last visit instead of him charging me a huge fee for a fixing a filling that the student did cause I was having pain je onstead fixed my bite. The tooth that he did, the enamel was very thin. He said that if he filled it that I would eventually get a cavatity on that tooth cause the enamel was so thin. I just spent almost $200 on that tooth to get fixed cause of the goofball student so I was happy with that answer. Besides he was going to fix that filling next month when I had the money. After the bite adjustment it was sore but each day gets better. Hot is no problem but cold I find is a bit sore. Only becasue I was afraid that I was gettign a cavitiy so I was brushing way to hard and now my gum line is exposed. My Dr said htat if if does not got down that he could fill it will a.... Geesh I forgot the name.. It's a bond that is painted on that helps a tooth not be so sensitive.

Jenteal

Old 04-02-2005, 12:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User

"rush_rulz ,well the tooth doesn't hurt like hell when I rinse but it's sensitive to cold water and foods like ice cream. I'm not sure this means anything though because my teeth have always been like this. I'm just angry I have a cavity when I floss and brush every day. I'm thinking it has something to do with the filling in that area because the rest of my teeth look perfect. Oh well I'm gonna get it checked out asap. grrrr"

Yes, get it checked--my teeth w/ the huge cavaties i had, and yes I agree, I got mad too b/c I brushed and flossed too and yet I had 12 holes in my mouth and that's in one year!!!! But, it could still be that the filling or part of it fell out...

Jen--was it "Gutta Percha"? Or something like that??

Closed Thread