It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 07:38 AM   #1
(female)

NoSunNoFun HB User
Swollen face, Bad infection :(

Hello,

I am new here, but have read through so many pages of posts.
I would like to ask a question-

I had 8 venners done on my upper front teeth 3 weeks ago.
One week into it I had extreem pain in my front right eye tooth.
My dentist went out of town for 2 weeks after ( the day after ) my veneers were dilivered to me.
Long story short- I now know it was a absess in my tooth that finally exploded... lovely huh?
I went to endo yesterday finally after going back 3 times to my dentist telling him the pain was unbearable, nothing I could do 2 vicodine didnt even help with the pain. Any type of heat would drop me to my knees ext... the only relife was keeping very cold water in my mouth. He kept filing the back of that tooth down telling me it was the new veneer making contact with my teeth on the bottom. He did exray me and said he saw nothing?
The pain was throbbing!

I am now on 10 days of pennisilin ( spelling ) and have scheuled a rootcanal this comming monday. I hope the resteration ( my new veneer ) doesnt have to be yanked off and need a crown?
They still cant tell me yes or no on that one. Funny thing is when the Endo did the exray, Massive amounts of grey looking matter showed up all over the root tip of that eye tooth all around my nostril area- Really amazes me that my destist didnt see this?!?! In his exrays.

My big question is...
What happends to all the puss that is in my face? My cheek has swelled so much, cant even touch it.. lay on it ect. He did an dry ice test on the tooth also, and have now found out its dead.
So sad.
Will the antibotic really be able to get all the infection and swelling to stop? I cant believed I survied the last several weeks. The pain was so unbarable.
Will this tooth turn brown even after the root canal?

Please if you can help me, I would appreciate it very much.
btw, sorry for the spelling typos

NoSunNoFun

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
(female)

NoSunNoFun HB User
Re: Swollen face, Bad infection :(

bump-

any help?

Old 04-14-2005, 05:25 AM   #3
(female)

jazzy_girl HB User

You may need more than one course of antibiotics. I would make sure to go back to the endo and ask him your same questions. Did the abcess drain? If it didn't I think it will when they start more work on your tooth or it could be reassorbed into the body.

Old 04-14-2005, 06:12 AM   #4
(female)

NoSunNoFun HB User

Thank-you Jazzy

Well, I am on my 2nd full day of pennisillin. Starting my 3rd today-
He gave me 10 days worth, 500 mg each 4 times a day.

My face is still swollen, however I can tell its starting to work. My rootcanal is scheduled for this Monday.
I called yesterday and asked the gal in the front desk, Why is it still throbbing ( not the tooth any more cause its dead ) My face around my nostril on the right side. She said cause there is alot of pus from the infection of the absess.
She did say my body would absorbe the infection, and NOT to stop with the meds. I told her no worries there, I want this out and cleared up.

The endo did tell me he would not be able to do the rootcanal on me until the infection is cleared up. I just want the antibotics to really kick in, This has just been so painful.
Just knowing there is pus in my face so close to my eye is such a scary thought.

I figure really by this friday or sat, I should be doing even better.

NoSunNoFun

Last edited by NoSunNoFun; 04-14-2005 at 06:13 AM.

Closed Thread