It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2005, 11:35 AM   #1
(male)

profpo31 HB User
Exclamation Texture of inside of lower lip

Should the texture of the inside of the lower lip be somewhat bumpy? I don't have any raised sores or anything but when I press against the inside of my lip i can feel what i can only describe as little "bubbles" of something. Also, when I pul my lower lip down and stretch it out, you can see what looks like little bubbles underneath the surface. They aren't raised or anything, just checking because I have a bad habit with smokeless tobacco. Does everyone else's lower lip have this kind of texture on the inside or should I be worried?

Old 04-17-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
(female)

NoSunNoFun HB User
Re: Texture of inside of lower lip

I sometimes get this after I have had to much salty food in my mouth, like lots of penuts, sunflowerseads.. or after I have had lemon's
Did you just start this habbit? If so that could be it.
In anycase, you should check with your doctor if this is something new and of concern.

NoSunNoFun-

( by the way, the iside of my lip is not bumpy and is very smooth. After I do experiance the bumps from eatting the above mention- it goes right back to normal... )

Last edited by NoSunNoFun; 04-17-2005 at 12:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 01:05 PM   #3
(male)

fullstride HB User

Pro-I used to dip and I know what you are seeing i have them too. My buddies that use chew lips look like it too. Your mouth is going to get messed up thats the price you pay when you use chewing tobacco, and the reason i quit. Anway, I dont think it is anything out of the normal but you could have your dentist/doctor look at them to relieve any concerns.

Best Wishes

P.S Try to quit!

Old 04-17-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Warah HB User

It is normal to have bumps here--minor salivary glands most likely.
But if you are really worried have a dentist check at your next appointment. As for the chewing: it can put you at a higher risk for oral cancer. Usually it looks like a white patch. White with red or ulcers is not good. I would recommend quitting and while doing so rotate the chew so it is not in the same place all the time irritating the tissue.

Old 04-24-2005, 10:39 AM   #5
(male)

Philsan3 HB User

Yes, the visible "bubbles" within your lip are probably Fordyce Spots - normal and nothing to worry about. The fact that you are associating things with the chewing habit should tell you that you should stop it now. It DOES put you at a higher risk of malignant change in the tissues in general.

Closed Thread