It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2005, 07:11 PM   #1
(female)

deadsy HB User
possible exposed nerve???

Hello everyone, I have a question and was hoping someone could offer advice. Recently when I was brushing my teeth, I felt a almost "jolt" of pain on the side of one of my mollers. I didn't think much of it because that tooth doesn't hurt when I eat. The other day I felt it again while brushing, like the brissles are poking it... so i felt with my finger tip and found a spot that hurt to put pressure on. The tooth doesn't throb or hurt any other time... just when I put pressure on it. The only way I can describe it is putting my finger nail into the gum line next to the tooth. I was wondering if this was possibly an exposed nerve? And also if it sounds like something to be concerned with? I have always been really nervous about my teeth. I brush and floss daily, however some of my teeth have been decayed. I just saw the dentist about three months ago.. So I find it really hard to believe I already have a cavity? Also I cannot see anything when I look at it... Anyway, if you understood that and have any advice or comments, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Old 05-17-2005, 03:54 AM   #2
(female)

thepenster060 HB User
Wink Re: possible exposed nerve???

sounds to me like to have an exposed root, not a nerve. you can tell this by looking at the tooth, and the gums around it. does this tooth look a little longer than the tooth next to it? An exposed root can be caused by brushing too hard, or if the tooth below it is missing. i have a missing tooth on my lower left (2nd molar). the 2nd molar on my upper left has dropped down causing an exposed root. yes it can be painfull, and very easy to get a cavity on this tooth. the roots are softer than enamal. i use prevident 5000 toothpaste from the dentist office, and gelkam. it really helps with the sensitivity. hope this helps you. good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread