It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2005, 07:33 PM   #1
(female)

jess25 HB User
Broken bone after wisdom tooth extraction

I recently had my two top wisdom teeth extracted(last Friday). When the dentist pulled one of the teeth I noticed that some of my bone from my mouth came also. I am still having pain under my gum and it feels like some one is stabbing me right through the top of my head every time I touch it. I think that it is a jagged piece of bone left from where it fractured during the extraction. I can't get in to see my dentist until Monday. I wanted to know if anyone else has experianced this and what treatment I will need or if they will just let it heal on it's own. The pain is getting gradually less everyday, but like I said, it is very gradual!!!! Any advice with this would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 08:43 PM   #2
(male)

mike21a2 HB User
Re: Broken bone after wisdom tooth extraction

Jess, it sounds like you've got loose bone chips in your gums. This is not uncommon after widom tooth extraction; it happened to me after I had my uppers pulled. My oral surgeon removed them, and it was no big deal. The procedure was a bit uncomfortable, but not actually painful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2005, 10:04 AM   #3
(female)

jess25 HB User

Mike, before they removed them did he not give you a shot to numb it? As bad as it is hurting I don't know if I could stand him doing it without it!

Old 05-21-2005, 01:52 PM   #4
(male)

mike21a2 HB User

Oh sure, he gave me a shot first. But you still feel some digging around and pressure . . . he also said that sometimes they work themselves loose, but it had already been like three weeks since I had had the extractions done, so it was time to just have him remove them.

Old 05-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #5
(female)

jess25 HB User

It has only been a week since mine. I wonder know if I should give it more time to work itself out or not. I REALLY, REALLY hate going to the dentist!

Closed Thread