It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2005, 09:19 PM   #1
(male)

somerh HB User
Exclamation Weird little clustered bumps on the tip of the tongue

I basically don't know what is happening to my tongue. Last Sunday, this started to happen. I felt like a got cold, so I called my mom, she is a nurse (oh, I am a foreign exchange student, my mom back there in Thailand is a nurse). My mom told me to have lots of vitamin C from 500mg to 1000mg. But all I had was Halls Defense which contains 60mg of vitamin C each drop. I had 6-7 drops of it, which sores my tongue a little.

I don't know if this is really tied to the problem I am having with my tongue. But the day after, I noticed that my tongue feels like I had food that is way too hot and made my tongue felt weird. Well, I thought that should be gone soon. But when I went home, I really wanted to see what my tongue looked like and woow.. a lot of weird little red bumps on the tip of my tongue!

And the day after, Tuesday till now, I cannot really taste the food with the tip of my tongue anymore. I kept telling my mom about this and she says I need to wash my mouth with salt water. So I tried but it doesn't seem to help that much.

I think it is getting worse too, because everyday I keep looking at it and it is like spreading all over my tongue but most concentrated on the tip and now it's spreading underneath my tongue too!

I don't know what is happening to me. My mom is trying to get me to get a topical medicine called Gentian violet. But I think she doesn't really know what its like. I am really worried about it if it could have been worse! 40 days to go back to Thailand though. It would be much easier to get medication in Thailand.. not in rural Wisconsin!

Anyway, I am taking an anti-biotic because I felt sick too (started on last Friday) and I have been better so far but not my tongue.

Also, when I yarn or open my mouth to wide, my jaw hurts a little for no reason and there's a sharp feeling towards my right ear too (only my right side of the jaw hurts)

So if you know something, advice, or any kind of possibilities of what this is or medication, please help!

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread