It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 10:08 AM   #1
(female)

DerekLoweFan HB User
Cost for Soft Reline???

Hello Again Everyone!!!

I'm curious as to what others have had to pay for their FIRST soft reline. I had my upper teeth extracted on April 13th and today (July 7th) I am going in for my VERY FIRST reline. My dentist said it will be a soft reline and I have a ONE HOUR appointment today. (He had told me during a prior visit that it takes about 45 minutes to do the soft reline.)

He had quoted me a price of $275.00 for this reline.

For some reason, I thought this soft reline was included in the cost of the immediate denture. Obviously I was wrong.

I'd REALLY appreciate if any of you who have had relines, could let me know if you had to pay separately for the reline, OR if it was included in the cost of the immediate denture.

If you DID have to pay an additional amount for your soft reline, would you PLEASE let me know how MUCH you had to pay?

I'm REALLY looking forward to your responses to this post. I simply CANNOT believe what all this stuff is costing. It's certainly has caused me a TON of stress with this financial NIGHTMARE over here.

Oh, it might help you to know that I live on the East Coast (Massachusetts) to be exact and I live in a SMALL city. (I do know that prices can vary depending on where you live.)

Thanks to ALL who are willing to share their experience and cost of your soft reline.

Robin

Old 07-07-2005, 10:13 AM   #2
(female)

Leasa HB User
Re: Cost for Soft Reline???

I am sorry to hear that your softrelines were not included in the cost of your dentures. That makes a huge difference sometimes. I have upper and lower partials at the moment and I got a soft reline the day I got my lower partial. I had my teeth extracted on April 9th and got my partials 3 weeks ago. I go for another soft reline in 3 weeks assuming I havent had my teeth pulled and gotten dentures by then. But the next soft reline is free of charge also. My dentist told me that I can have as many as I want, they last 4-6 weeks and only take 10 minutes. Maybe you are getting something different?

Leasa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2005, 10:42 AM   #3

semperwife HB User

Hi Robin,
Hope this helps you my dentist did a treatment plan and it was $168 per soft reline whether it was the top or bottom, he put 4 on the treatment plan and as many adjustments as necessary. Anything over the 4 I am required to pay for but for my total of $3851 included top and bottom plates, as many adjustments as needed, 4 soft relines and then a hard reline at 6 months with as many adjustments needed for that as well. So far it has been 2 weeks since extractions and I have already seen the dentist 3 times for adjustments.

I wish you luck!!

Old 07-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CARAT414 HB User

My relines and adjustments were all included in the price of my dentures. I had several relines, and several adjustments. I would ask the dentist how many of these soft relines he expects you to have before you get your hard relines and permenant dentures.

Old 07-07-2005, 04:48 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

chatty8484 HB User

Here in BC Canada I've got prices of $60.00 to $100.00 at most

chatty

Old 07-09-2005, 04:28 AM   #6
(female)

thepenster060 HB User

275 sounds about right. can i ask what you paid for your immediate plate?
i know that dentures/relines are two different procedures though. i would imagine that not everyone needs a reline after an immediate plate is placed. everyone's gums shrink at a different rate. for the people that had relines included, maybe the dentist jacked up the cost of thier plates to cover the reline cost?

Old 07-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #7
(male)

toothnut HB User

Not sure why anyone would pay a dentist for a soft reline when you can go to almost any drugstore and buy a reline kit and do it yourself. 275 bucks for a reline??? Takes a dentist about 10 minutes to do, even if he takes his time, little steep don't you think? Do it yourself, its easy...cost, about 5 bucks. If you're afraid to do that , buy a product called "Cushion Grip" its a soft reliner in a tube, easy to apply works just like a soft reline but must be re-applied every 5 days or so. Save yourself some money... you can't hurt your dentures. Have fun, you'll love the fit if you have loose dentures.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:34 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

kerri0500 HB User

Hello, I had a soft reline yesterday and it was free of charge. The whole thing took about 5-10 minutes and I walked out feeling alot better! I had a ton of mouth sores because i just had immediates placed a week ago and it has made all the difference! Hope this helps you!

kerri

Old 07-20-2005, 05:11 AM   #9
(female)

dd53chocolates HB User

Hiya,

I'm just 6 days post-op today, but I asked my dentist about the cost of relines, and she said they're all free, included with the cost of the dentures. I paid $980.00 for them.

Dee

Old 07-29-2005, 04:37 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

OokieWonderslug HB User

I have to pay like $45 for the one reline I get after I have had these dentures for 3 months. But then I went to the cheapest place I could find within 300 miles of here. They work like an assembly line and didn't tell me anything about after care or how to take care of my dentures or anything. They took an impression, pulled my teeth, gave me immediates and the next day checked me out for about 10 minutes to make sure they fit or something and that was it. Nothing else until September. After one year they said they will make me some custom permanents for around $300.

Old 07-29-2005, 07:17 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

chatty8484 HB User

$300 for custom permanents...that's very cheap........ I hope for your sake the quality is there too

chatty

Closed Thread