It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2005, 01:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

CARAT414 HB User
Denture Problems (please help) part 2

Okay I will do it. For those of you who dont check this thread often this is a continuation of a previous thread that was just taking to long to load for some.

Well, I still have my teeth in, not suppose to take them out for 2 days. But I aint promising Ill make it. I have a slight sore on the bottom right where a new bone spur is really hurting me. And from what I have been able to discover on the bone spurs is that the longer your roots extended into the jaw bone the higher the chance of getting bone spurs. Bone spurs are the tiny fragments of bone that are between each tooth supporting it and holding it in position. The deeper your root extends the more bone fragments the larger the possiblity of bone spurs.

Chatty, you are just never happy. First they are to loose, now you cant get them out. Boy you canadians are picky people. JK you know I love ya.

Dee, what exactly is old lady music???? The sixtys???? Tread softly here when answering that. LOL

Pam welcome back, I am so glad that you were able to enjoy the wedding and eat. I still cant eat steak, but I do dream of it alot. From what I have been able to understand I guess the issue with lettuce is that with dentures you chew with an up and down motion to break up the food, with your natural teeth you use a tear and rip type of motion. I am not allowed to do the lettuce thing, so I haven't tried it YET.

OHOHOH, I got the call, NO MORE ANTIBIOTICS for me. Yahoo. I can go later tonight when hubby gets home to have the port\pikk line taken out. I am so happy for that. Now maybe people wont give me a double take when it looks like my left boob is up in shoulder. LOL

Hope all is great with everyone.

Casey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2005, 06:52 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chatty8484 HB User
Re: Denture Problems (please help) part 2

Hi Carat

How r you today

Good idea to start new thread, way to long

Ok talk to you later
Hope everyone is ok out there.

Chatty8484

Old 07-27-2005, 04:39 AM   #3
(female)

dd53chocolates HB User

Good Morning!

Only problem I seem to be having (other than a few sore spots that need to be adjusted) is the one area where dentist said he had to cut open gum a bit and go after the root of one tooth .. it's there that he took a stitch up into the gum itself ... and now it's starting to hurt a bit.

The dentist that was filling in for my regular dentist took the stitch out of it, and the oral surgeon said the stitch was suppose to stay in and disinegrate on it's own. Hmmmm??? I just might call oral surgeon today and have him take a look at it.

Cleaned house last night, colored hair a really sexy dark brown (shows off my green eyes better), and this week and week-end will be much cooler and low humidity, thank goodness!

Ya'll have a great day!

Dee

Last edited by dd53chocolates; 07-27-2005 at 04:44 AM.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User

Oh, that was sooo much faster to look at this page! Love that! Thanks Casey. Congrats on no more anti-biotics!!! I hate taking that stuff, makes everything taste funny when I have too, and I always feel yucky too. That port must of been a big bummer to have. You'll just feel like a free women once again! Good for you.

Chatty, hope everything goes great for the wedding. Your smile will be lovely, think positively or you'll just stress yourself needlessly girl. lol

Someone said on our last post....(Dee, or semperwife?) they went and bought some paste to glue in there denture, I heard it gets pretty messy and the fixadent powder is better, don't need too much of it either.

Dee, I hope they didn't take out a stitch too many! If it was starting to heal good, maybe it was time even though they were the dissolving ones. Not sure how long it takes. Yes it is finally cooling off here too. I can't take the heat too well. What good is summer if your stuck inside with the air on.

My dentures are still doing good. Hopefully I can keep these temp. ones for a while yet. It's going to cost me a bundle to get the permanant ones made, right now it would be awfully tough to do. I'll have these 1yr. Oct.27th. So I do have a ways to go. Bet my dentist is wondering when I'll call for a reline....lol.....have managed to use just the right amount of glue to keep them in good. Hopefully I won't have to go for awhile yet.

More running to do today, every have a great day. Love this new faster post.Diana

Old 07-27-2005, 09:14 AM   #5
(female)

dd53chocolates HB User

Diana:

I did buy Fixodent paste ... but after talking to my sister who was a nurse, I've decided to go with Sea Bond. They're the whole piece that just fits inside the denture and work really well. She said most of her patients used that and loved it.

I'm buying some today, will let you know how it goes.

Dee

Old 07-27-2005, 11:12 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ok, Dee, thanks, might have to try it if you like it. So far I do like that powder I know. We just bought a little campsite and are looking in an RV to put on it. I want to have something for my dentures at both places, so I don't forget it at either place. (winks) Diana

Old 07-27-2005, 01:12 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

chatty8484 HB User

Diana,
Thank you, I hope I am ok for the Wedding if not maybe I'll be one of those run away brides, just joking!!!

Ok hope everyone is ok, I'm off for adjustments from my reline that I had on Monday and then maybe out for staek dinner at The Keg!!
Wish me luck!

Chatty aka Robin

Old 07-27-2005, 01:13 PM   #8
(female)

dd53chocolates HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs
Ok, Dee, thanks, might have to try it if you like it. So far I do like that powder I know. We just bought a little campsite and are looking in an RV to put on it. I want to have something for my dentures at both places, so I don't forget it at either place. (winks) Diana
Hiya Diana,

Well, I tryed the Sea Bond wafers as they call them, and I didn't like them because:

They added too much 'bulk' to the inside of my dentures, and made them fit tighter ... therefore pressing more on my all ready sore spots. OUCH!

They just didn't feel right at all ... so I took it off and used the Fixodent, just a LITTLE BIT, and that worked much better. Dentures fit good now, and are holding good so far. I'll let you know how eating goes! LOL ...

I do taste a little bit of a flavor .. but it's not very noticable.

Hugs,
Dee

Last edited by dd53chocolates; 07-27-2005 at 01:14 PM.

Old 07-27-2005, 02:52 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

CARAT414 HB User

Hey all, I am already behind and its only been a day. Jeez

Boy Dee, kicked the ol man out, new teeth, new hair color, lost weight, and green eyes. What on earth are you holding on to that ex for???? I think its time you went and got yourself a real man to make you happy and show him that he gave up the best thing he ever had.

Dee, I will tell you all my experiences from the glues and such, please do not try any poligrip where you have open holes or stitches. This is speaking from experience. Just dont. For the top just use it in the middle on the roof or where you dont have a sores. It is a pain to get off the roof of the mouth afterwards but it works really well. I didn't like the extra tastes with the flavored ones so for me its only unflavored. The powder works great on my tops. Hardly needs anything and gives just enough so I dont get the air pockets or saliva build up that bothers me so much. Plus it is easier to remove the dentures and the powder comes off when I brush my gums. The gel stuff doesn't. These bottoms I need to use the gel stuff because of the gap where the implant receivers are going is empty and I cant keep them in with out it. 5 1/2 days left to deal with that issue.
Those wafer things, oh my I used it once. I got one from the hospital in my bag of stuff they piled on me for an addition inflated price. I put it in and the directions said to bite down and or apply pressure on the roof of mouth for 2-3 minutes. I do this, and because of my wonderful gag reflexes I stay real still with my head over the sink just in case. Well I put my head up, the dentures are to thick in the back, I start to gag, and the panic attack sets in and it was all down hill from there. It took me over twenty minutes to get them out. And my mouth was bleeding from my nails. Not ever going there again.
The little strips might have worked if the gaps between the dentures and my gums werent so big by the time I tryed them. They were really sticky to put in, and easy to clean out so those are plus's that if I need to use something I will try them again with these dentures.
Hope that helps you out, Chatty did her own experiment with the glues and such and I am sure she can add to all that.

Okay, Diane I am moving in with you. Campsite??? Oh I would be in heaven. I am so sick of the city and its inhabitants. People are so rude and in such a hurry to get no where that I want to be. Driving here is a risk each time.

Chatty dont forget to take the first bite for me. I have waited longer then you.

Hubby home, so I will go for now, I will catch up with the rest in a few.

Casey

Old 07-27-2005, 03:55 PM   #10
(female)

pam46 HB User

Hi All,

I'll throw in my two cents about adhesives. I don't go in for a complete soft reline until August 10 so I have been using the adhesives. My dentist did do a partial reline in a couple of places on the top and bottom to make them feel better. I've found that the Fixodent Control works best for me...really sticks!! Sometimes too well! The Fixodent Complete also works but I find that the Fixodent Control is easier to remove, at least for me. I can start peeling it off the roof of my mouth with my fingernail and then it seems to just come out in one piece most of the time. I probably wouldn't need to use as much as I do on the top but I feel more confident about them not slipping when I do. So far I've just put it on the palate area. I have to use quite a bit on the bottom because I already had quite a bit of bone loss from extractions I had done over 40 years ago. If I didn't use it, they would just fall out but maybe the complete reline will help a bit with that.

I haven't used the strips or pads and from what I've heard, maybe I won't!! I did try the powder, but I didn't feel that it was staying as good as the paste. Maybe I'll give it another try since I don't think I gave it a fair chance. So, that's been my experience, but I'm only about 4 weeks into this!!! Hope everyone is having a good day.

Chatty, I'm so excited for you with the wedding coming up. My daughter's wedding was last weekend and it was so perfect that I still can't stop thinking about it. I hope yours is just as beautiful. Take care and don't be nervous...you'll want to remember every minute. Oh, I hope you had that steak. I had steak at the wedding at it was the best thing I'd ever tasted!!!

Pam

Old 07-28-2005, 12:34 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

chatty8484 HB User

Hi!!!!!!

Steak was great/awesome/wonderful...I'll shutup,lol

Thank you for wonderful wedding wishes and congrat's to your daughter and that you made it through the day!!

I just need to apologize to everyone if I seem here but not here I am just stressed and tired and stressed. Once the wedding is over I'll be able to go back to normal, i hope.

Ok everyone take care, me read and write more tomorrow when I can see clear, me eyes are tired!!!

chatty

Old 07-28-2005, 01:46 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

CARAT414 HB User

Sure Chatty blame your blonde moments on the wedding now. ROFL You are to much.

Hey everyone, I have a really strange question for ya all.

Can your tongue reach all the places in your mouth that it use to before the dentures. I cant figure out if my tongue got shorter, or if the dentures are fatter then my real teeth were and so it cant make it around them. Boy that sounds so strange. Okay, I use to be able to clear any deprie from from mouth like up in my cheeks or on the front of my teeth with my tongue. Now my tongue barely reaches the top of my teeth, and my lips come together just as before so I know its not the dentures sticking out bubbly like, as Chatty would say. And the same with the side of my mouth by my cheeks.
Umm as I write this I wonder if it because of the way the bottom denture fits so far down into my mouth on the inside by my tongue. It could be restricting its reach.

See what happens to an OCD patient when we get insomnia while have dental procedures done. We obsess about our tongues and keep ourselves awake thinking about it.

Good Night.
C

Old 07-28-2005, 09:02 AM   #13
(female)

pam46 HB User

Hi Casey,

I'm right there with you...my tongue doesn't reach those places either, but I haven't got an answer as to why. I thought it was just because my immediates were so thick or something. It drives me crazy that I can't dislodge foodstuffs that are stuck in the cheek, etc. And my mouth closes ok, too. Maybe someone else has an answer. Hmmm, I don't think I can "pucker" as well as I used to either...LOL!!

Pam

Old 07-28-2005, 03:22 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

chatty8484 HB User

Hello everyone

Carat:Leave my blonde moments alone, that's all I have irght now,lol, I lost my patience, my sanity and my freaking mind so please go easy on me!! LOL

Pam:Give it time, if your dentures are shaved down in the front like above your four front and four bottom teeth then you shouldn't have a problem also if you are still shrinking or not far enough in healing then they can effect your lips, tongue and cheek room. Mine are so much better I can make fish lips again...just like my daughter where a week ago I couldn't. I am 2 months post op now and they finally now like this week sit back and up and the bottoms sit now the best they have, I can pucker up like no tomorrow now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why I did that little pole about lips looking bubbly, more what I meant was about the puckering and biggness in the front but once anyone gets heaeld enough and the outside of the denture can be shaven down to a minimum you'll notice a huge difference in appearance and in the room in your mouth, my mouth actually feels bigger then the dentures for once! LOL

If I could, I'd show you a picture of me Sunday without the reline they were ill fitting and I was still not exactly happy with them and then Monday's pic from after the reline you'd think they gave me a whole new pair!!!!! They just sit better

Dee, Glad to hear you are well I'd be careful posting websites especially personal ones you may get banned, but then again I could be wrong Take Care I did check it out, awesome artist you are!!! Do you do that for a living?

Ok gotta run, my wrists hurt from typing all day doing stupid wedding timelines and seating plans and so on! I need help I am so stressed!! I could jump off a bridge Ok bye for now

Everyone take care!

chatty

Old 07-28-2005, 06:59 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Casey, you spin such a colorful tale...lol...I was crackin up.

Chatty, you sound pretty level headed to me...I'm surprised you even have the time to come here and post. I can just imagine how harried you must feel.

Great imput from everyone about adhesives and experiences.

Carat about that tongue reaching everywhere, it took a long time before it felt like I could, I know that. I happens though, eventually. I still have to use something to reach up high in the sides. It's been since last Oct. when I had my extractions. I think there is more of a ridge there where it was smooth before.

Dee, rinse with the diluted tea tree does help blisters heal faster. Might want to check into that. And it is a natural disinfectant for the mouth, don't ever swallow it. 1/4 Cup warm water and 5drops of oil, stir well, swish and spit. I try and swish for as long as I can, 2min. then do another mouth full and repeat till gone. Would of liked to see the picture, but it is not allowed.

Just got back from picking out our RV! Now I'm getting excited, we get the financing on Aug.8th and we close on the campsite Aug. 22.....No internet there for me.... I'll be soooo far behind on posts. But I'll be in heaven in three weeks. Hubby is super excited, he never gets away for anything, this place is only 2 hrs. away, should be fun. Wish you could join us Casey, but no addy's allowed on here.

Better finish up the laundry, only got one load done today...two more are waiting. Fun, Not. lol Diana

Closed Thread