It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 01:42 PM   #1
(female)

lotus elise HB User
Question Wisdom teeth removal and fever blisters

Hi everyone,
I had all 4 of my impacted wisdom teeth removed Monday, and although I haven't had too much pain, I've had A LOT of swelling. I've been pretty religious with icing it as instructed, but its going so slowly! My two questions are:

1 How long does it generally take for the swelling to be completely gone? Its gone down a lot on the left hand side, but the right side is still pretty swollen. I had plans for this weekend but definitly will not be going if I look like this!

2 Did anyone else who had their wisdom teeth removed experience fever blisters/cold sores on the sides of their mouth? At first it looked as if the sides of my mouth were just cracked.. I have a very small mouth and assumed that they just were cracked from being opened so wide during the surgery, but today I woke up and they look very suspiciously like fever sores. Did anyone else experience this? And if so, how long will it take for them to go away?

Thank you so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread