It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2005, 02:08 AM   #1
(female)

melkuvel HB User
Sequestrii !! 4 days later !! Updated

I think i have a Sequestrii but i only had the wisdon tooth extracted 4 days prior.
Its Quite sharp and a strange shape too awkward for me to remove it.
Ive been told to leave it alone and it will either go back or come out.
The other messages on this board dont mention one so soon and i was wondering how long before it would go.
I go away on holiday in 6 days time and im worried that i could end up with more problems.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by melkuvel; 10-08-2005 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Update

Old 09-25-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
(female)

inkoftal HB User
Re: Sequestrii !! 4 days later !!

A "Sequestrii" is a normal occurrance and, as your dentist explained to you, should be left alone. It has two decisions to make: either it will heal and reattach itself or it won't. And we want this to heal! So you must take particular care of it, extending the directions that you were given directly after your extraction. No smoking, keeping it very clean; that kind of thing.

This bone is not tooth. So there's a 50/50 chance that it is still attached to your other bone. That is why it should not be messed with, as you could either greatly stall it's healing process or destroy it all-together.

If the bone does die, your body will obviously reject the necrotic tissue. This may be a somewhat uncomfortable, painful process. It may come out on it's own and it may fester. That is when a dentist/oral surgeon would re-enter the socket and remove the tissue.

The best possible thing you can do for yourself is just to leave it be and keep caring for it very closely, hopefully aiding to a successful and speedy recovery!

Best of dental health to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2005, 01:17 PM   #3
(female)

melkuvel HB User

Thanks for replying.

The socket has been healing lovely so i will carry on with what i have been doing and try to put it to the back of my mind and i wont smile for a while because that makes it moove and therefore more uncomfortable

Old 10-08-2005, 06:56 AM   #4
(female)

melkuvel HB User

I thought i would update on what happened to help any other people going through the same thing.

Its now been 19 days since the extraction and most of the Sequestrii has gone ,im unsure if it came out maybe when i was asleep or if it has gone back inside I still have a little area where its not quite right but theres no discomfort now.
At one stage it was protruding a lot and could be clearily seen and felt

I used hot water and salt rinses everytime i ate for about a week and Listerine twice a day.

It was very alarming to find it and i was very worried about getting a dry socket but thankfully not.

Closed Thread