It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2000, 02:17 AM   #1

JohnnieD HB User
Cool Wearing down of teeth enamel, help please!

Hi Shaelle!

Thanks for all your help so far! Not sure anybody knew about this problem. I'll try to give a better description this time. K, I just took a look in the mirror. It's like the white on my teeth is receeding. All along the edges of the teeth, the white has completely disappeared. There is like an outline (a border) surrounding my teeth that is completely see-through. It's like the white is disappearing (receeding), while the see-through is invading. For example, it looks as though my tooth has been chipped, but with a closer look you can see that it hasn't been chipped but just transparent.

Yes...exactly, the tooth appears thicker/fuller in color towards the middle of the tooth.
It looks as though my teeth are smaller because of the tips of the outer edges of the teeth are transparent.

Thank You Very Much,

{{Hi everyone, finally found a place that discussed teeth. The problem with my teeth is enamel started wearing away the white off of my teeth and they are becoming clear. First it was a little on the top front two, but now it is spreading and more enamel disappears. That isn't the scary part, the teeth all around the front two including the bottom ones are also losing enamel. It's getting pretty ugly and unaware of the cause. I used to brush my teeth every time that I ate food, but cut down and only brush once or twice a day... and very lightly, where before I brushed vigorously. That method doesn't seem to be improving this situation. So, I was at the dentist earlier this year and asked about it... but she said my teeth looked good. I asked if it was because I was brushing too hard, she said that's not the problem.. and asked me if I bit down on my teeth, grinded, I said not to my knowledge, I used to. Could happen is sleep but the enamel is wearing off my teeth, and it's becoming an ugly see-through deal. Anybody know of any cures, or any information. I'm tempted to revisit the dentist and have a showdown to figure out what I need to do to get this under control, it's not getting better fast... neither is my confidence, but oh well. )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2000, 08:08 PM   #2

series70 HB User
enamel is transparent for the most part, esp where it is thin along the edges of teeth. As we wear down teeth (normal wear, grinding, etc) it is possible to thin them at the edge, thus creating an area of enamel thin enough to be transparent. the dentist said your teeth were ok, so it is possible that this is an esthetic problem that could be solved with cosmetic dentistry.

Old 12-26-2000, 10:27 PM   #3

JohnnieD HB User
Cool

tyvm for your input Series70!

That gives me some hope for a possible cover up in the future. Covering up the invisible edges of my teeth would be great, thanks!

Later,

Johnnie D.

Closed Thread