It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2000, 07:54 PM   #1

debra HB User
Post Gum disease--go to your dentist!!!!!!!!!

After many years of not being able to afford to take care of my teeth, I HAD to see my dentist...I knew I had gum disease, but I was afraid of what he might do to treat it. Well, after three days of treatment, I cannot BELIEVE the difference in my mouth already!!!! Fortunately my insurance will pay quite a bit, so that helps also. But DON'T fool around if you have gum disease. Get to the dentist ASAP. They can do SO MUCH, and my treatments have not been painful at ALL. It's worth it.

Old 11-15-2000, 08:43 PM   #2

Bonnie HB User
Talking

Glad to see a good post here ,more people need to see that not all dentistry is horable. Glad things went well for you,Dont forget to keep up with your home care .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2000, 07:14 PM   #3

debra HB User
Thumbs up

Thanx for the encouragement Bonnie. Yep, I am being very diligent to do everything the hygienist "commanded" me to do!!! She was very encouraging and said she was excited to be working with me because she knew I would take good care of my teeth....As I said in my previous post, I cannot believe the difference already. The gums are a healthy pink again, the swelling is down,and the scaling treatment really was not at ALL painful. I have had no discomfort whatsoever.

Old 11-18-2000, 08:10 AM   #4

Carrie HB User
I was glad to see your post! I have a lot of work that needs to be done and had put off going to the dentst for a LONG time because of fear and negative past experiences. I went last week and found out I have the early stages of periodontis (sp?). I have had family memebers that said the test and treatment were painful, your post helped put my mind a bit at ease! (if only the pulp caps and crowns could be less painful!

Thanks again!

Old 12-31-2000, 03:59 PM   #5

Sssssssmokin HB User
Question

I have been diagnosed with periodontal disease and have had a few treatments that were recommended to get rid of this. I had this all done and went on to treat this at home as well, although I have been slacking in the last month or so as far as the flossing goes I do need to go back for another check up, my periodontist moved further away and it is a hardship for me to get there now. She is the only one where I live. This disease cause some of my front teeth to start gapping and shows some small triangle holes and I would like to know what can be done about this to fill them in. I can't stand to even smile anymore sometimes although I have been told by many it doesn't look noticeable I still know they are there and it does bother me. I asked my dentist about crowns and he said there wasn't enough pallete (?) gums (?) there to hold a crown. What can be done about this? Thanks to anyone that can help.

------------------
~Sssssssmokin!

Closed Thread