It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2001, 03:30 PM   #1

elmie HB User
Question Laughing Gas // Bad Reaction

Hello !

I had my wisdom teeth removed today and had a very bad experience with the laughing gas

After about 2 minutes with the gas, I had the DR. remove it becuase I was about to faint. My face , hands and feet were tingling so bad too. But the dizziness was the worst !!!

He then removed the teeth with the novicain ( spelling ) only , which was just fine for me.

Has anyone ever had this problem before ?
Maybe I am allergic to the stuff.

Thanks !!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2001, 06:58 PM   #2

Toothfairy HB User
My mom had an experiece similar to yours. I think her situation was due to what I called an over-dose of nitrous oxide. This was when I was in Jr. high school and knew nothing of the dental field. She weighs only 95 pounds, very petite. I think the dentist gave her too much of the "laughing gas" for her body weight. After the procedure was completed she couldn't get out of the chair. She sat there for nearly 30 minutes or maybe longer. She was very dizzy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2001, 07:50 PM   #3

Ship HB User
Its kinda funny because you just described the typical nitrous oxide sedation experience. Most people are fine with it, some even enjoy it a lot! Some of course do not and that's ok too. If you try it again sometime you might just ask for a lower dose. Nitrous is very safe so don't worry!

Closed Thread