It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2001, 10:12 AM   #1
Inactive

amyplm HB User
Exclamation ?fractured root/terrible facial pain

I had a root canal in a bicuspid (2canals) 7 yrs ago--no probs. at all. had a perm crown done, which due to poor deign was replaced last year. By the way, this tooth is a stump below the gum line with 2 posts. The crown was gorgeous, and really custom made for my post problem. When it was inserted, somehow it never cemented properly, and was loose.It barely moved, but it moved enough that over 6 months bacteria got in at the gum line causing a huge abscess, bone loss and pocketing. went on antibiotics. . .x ray showed very little, although they were looking for a root fracture. A periodontist suggestedi remove the ttoth and get an implant--but it's so invasive and expensive.
my dentist & my endodontist say wait wait wait. Meanwhile, ithe crown & one post have been removed. no fracture was seen with the microscope. BUT--I'm in excrciating discomfort. NOT PAIN, but pressure, fullness, tingling in the cheek. They don't know why and claim it's not relatedto the tooth problem. A doc I work with gave me NEURONTIN for nerve pain she thinks it might be trigeminal neuralgia. Ive been on Antibio's again--just to rule ou that it'snot aninfection. They are not helping at all.
It almost feels like tremendous sinus pressure combined with that feeling you get right before novacaine wears off. I feel pretty desperate. Plus i have this awfullooking temp crown on the bicuspid which is a "smile tooth". At this point i don't even give a -----about how it looks. The gums rea now perfect--no absess, no pocketing Does any one know?? Im afraind if i have the tooth extracted like the periodontist suggested, that I'll still be in the horrendous discomfort and then add insult to injury with an implant. HELP PLEASE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread