It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2005, 10:48 AM   #1
(male)

jamzzz HB User
What I found helps severe tooth/nerve pain!

Well last friday while at work, I started getting major tooth pain that radiated into my jaw. It was so severe I couldnt even concentrate so I left work early.
At home I had a bunch of stuff lined up on my table.

Motrin
Little sample whiskey bottle
Ice
Oregano oil
Wine
Grape Juice
salt water
Origel
etc..

I just started going down the line until I found one that worked for a minute or so...was pretty funny to see. Well I finally went to the dentist..MAJOR work to do..

X-rays show that I have 3 teeth that need either root canals or extraction and anyone or all could be causing the pain. So possibly pain 3X intensity!! UGH!!
I also need two extractions on the other side somewhere down the road.
SO I have 3 teeth decayed down to the nerves all in the same area...I now have ringing in my left ear since this started..I hope its related to the teeth..on antibiotic -started yesturday...

So...I found something that stops the pain within 15-30 seconds..and lasts until I have to irritate things by eating or drinking. Its a mouthwash called Biotene. No alcohol - clinically, allergy and hospital tested. No saccharin!

Conatins benificial antibacterial enzymes. For dry mouth and oral irritations. Also has Aloe Vera. In fact I have a mouth full as I type - just ate some instant oats and wasin pain but not any more!!! thank god..

Just just enough to fill the areas where you have pain..swish around and let it soak the tooth area..keep it in as long as needed. I cant believe how it fast and it works so well..forget that numbing crap..this works ecxellent for me anyways. Can be used as desired.

Can get it at Walmart or most grocery stores etc...

Hope this helps others...

Jamzzz

Last edited by jamzzz; 10-06-2005 at 11:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2005, 10:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hope4All HB UserHope4All HB User
Re: What I found helps severe tooth/nerve pain!

You know I had heard about this stuff, I have burning mouth syndrome that flares up from time to time and others with this problem have talked about this mouth wash.

I was in the drug store the other day and saw it and I was going to buy it but I wasn't having any problems so I put it back down. That night my tooth starting killing me!!!! Now I wished I would have taken it home with me.

I will be definately picking some of this stuff up next time.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:17 AM   #3
(male)

jamzzz HB User

yeah,

I'm on my second bottle in 1 week...I also called the number on the back to make sure that it's not dangerous to "over use".....no harm ..safe to use whenever...it has Xylitol (natural sweeting) and they said maybe if you drank it , might cause some loose stools .!

jamzzz

Old 10-07-2005, 10:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hope4All HB UserHope4All HB User

lol, I don't think I want loose stool!!!

I'm saving up my money because I have to get dentures, so I have times when so many teeth are hurting its not funny. I'm glad you said something about it helping tooth pain because I would have never thought about it. I was using anbesol and warm salt water.

Old 10-07-2005, 04:54 PM   #5

Sae HB User

Jamzzz,
Thank you for the tip. I tried it. Have so much pain in mouth and jaw and although I have used Biotene products before, I never thought to just hold it in my mouth for awhile. It does soothe the area and make it feel better. Sometimes at night I get up and use it and am able to get back to sleep again. I hope you get your teeth problems resolved soon.
Best wishes,
Sae

Closed Thread