It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2001, 03:09 PM   #1

WorryRat HB User
Question 2-1\2 weeks after extraction and gums still sore?? Any Suggestions??

Hi All,
Well I am back with yet another question. I had 2 extractions about two and a half weeks ago. Lower left wisdom and a molar right next to it. My question...My gums are still very sore and sometimes feel inflamed. I have recently seen my dentist and he says everything looks great, but what I need to know is what can I use to rinse with besides salt water? It is leaving me with cankersores. I have used Periogard and tried Peroxide (yuck)!
I recently wrote asking about a deep cleaning under the gum line that I had to have to prevent any gum disease because of waiting 9 years to see a dentist. I have to report that it was as bad as I thought it would be. They had to do scaling, and let me tell you...I will now be seeing my dentist every 6 months to prevent that pain from ever having to be felt again. I found that I have 8 cavities that need to be filled. I just want to say....NEVER wait to see your dentist out of fear!
When I was little my parents never cared to take my Brother and I to the dentist...this was where my fear came from...not knowing what to expect. I urge anyone who is scared to ever go to just do it!!! It's well worth it. Because I decided to go my gums are now healthy and I will take care of everything that needs to be done.
I know I just wanted advise on my gums, but I also wanted to report to anyone that has read my postings that everything is going well....(Robert2)!!
I am curios though what to do about my gums until they heal...over the counter products, etc...
Well thanks for listening AGAIN!!

Sandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2001, 06:25 PM   #2

Robert2 HB User
I your gums are swollen and sore, take some asprin. It's an anti-inflamitory drug. Also, try popcycles. Put one your mouth at the inflamed area and just hold it there while you suck on it. I suggest the sugar free popcycles so they won't rot your remaining teeth. Clove oil can help the soreness but it is pretty strong. Apply it with a Qtip.

Now this might sound a little odd. But, think about it for a second. At the drugstore, you can get a medicine for babies when they are teething. It's applied to the gums to reduce the soreness. Might work for you too.

Closed Thread