It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2005, 11:46 PM   #1
(female)

newmouth HB User
braces on all teeth vs. on just front 6 teeth?

are there any disadvantages to doing braces on only the center 6 teeth? i will be getting braces this month and am having trouble deciding which plan of action to pursue. i had braces as a kid and am trying to fix lower crowded teeth.

dr. quinn in sf, who specializes in adult braces, recommends putting braces on just the front six teeth (upper & lower). he said it's a lot more comfortable and that i have a "class I" bite on the sides so there's no need to mess with it. he will have to grind some of my lower teeth to make them fit.

dr. iezman in berkeley, who teaches at ucsf, wants to put full braces on both arches. i'm willing to do this if it's necessary, but it would be really nice to floss those back teeth without too much hassle. this doc will also need to remove some of my lower tooth mass to make them fit.

my lower teeth are moving forward, but i'm guessing a retainer will retain the newly straightened teeth regardless of the method i choose. i just wonder if it would be good to get those back teeth moved back more, or if it's just best to go with the least invasive approach (fewer teeth moving!).

thanks for any advice from those who have been through this or know about it!

newmouth

Closed Thread