It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2001, 03:33 PM   #1

loula HB User
Post Mercury Fillings

I would like the scientific evidence that it is safe. So far you have given me none. If Mercury is not safe outside our mouth or its dangerous to rub it on ones skin, or wear a hat with mercury in it, why is it safe to put it in ones mouth. If there is any question at all that there could pose a health threat to any individuals at all and the other materials are readily available, would it not make sense to use the other safer materials. SInce it does not cost more for you , why would it be more expensive for the patient. ANd even if it was more expensive, I for one would rather pay the extra for the safer material. While it may not have been scientifically proven that it is dangerous, I haven't found anything that shows scientific proof that it is safe either. ANd if you haven't ever been ill with an illness that does not go away, you cannot understand how devestating it is. Your whole life can be destroyed. Why risk it at all if there are good alternatives available or better yet, let the patient decide what they want in their mouth. Lastly why would all those people be taking the time out of their busy lives to write to the ADA telling their stories of illnesses and how they recovered after they got the mercury out. THey are not making money from it that I know of. I am making no money by taking the time to post here. I just genuinely would like to have more information about what is being put in my body and the possible side affects before it it put in my body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2001, 09:26 PM   #2
Inactive

Dr.Phier HB User
I have 150 years of use and it being in 100 million plus mouths in the United States to show it is safe. There are also no studies to show it is NOT safe. I'm sorry you were sick, but the whole WORLD should ban a very useful substance because you THINK it was what made you have problems?

I don't think so.

We have done our fair share of bad things in dentistry. We killed a lot of teeth, we caused surgical problems with joints, we charged 1000's of dollars to 'adjust the bite' when no adjustment was needed, but this is not one of them.

What about the 1000's who had thier amalgams removed under the SAME dentists claims that it was causing health problems who did not get well?

There are people that swear by psychics, and psychic healing, you can get sworn testimonials from these people, they really think they were cured. That does not make it so.

I'm sorry you feel that amalgam is such a bad thing, but you are simply wrong.

Dr.Phier
4 yrs enviromental biology studies (BS)
2 yrs enviromental and epidemiology independent study.
4 yrs dental studies (DDS)
3 yrs orthodontic studies (MS)
6 yrs dental materials research

I think I have the backround to make this claim.

Old 08-01-2001, 04:16 PM   #3

loula HB User
i did not state that I was made ill from mercury poisoning. I became ill after I had a root canal where the root was perforated and the filler material was leaking out. The pain was very bad and then I wa put on all kinds of other drugs that caused many horrible side affects, ect. All these things together are what caused my illness. I have never had the mercury fillings in my mouth replaced. I do not know if it causes people to become ill or not. I have been researching dental materials ever since and reading other people's stories. From what other people have been saying I gathered that it was a problem for some people. Remeber that even if its been done for 150 years, that does not mean it is safe. DOctors did
not even wash their hands for 1000's of years and they also used leaches to bleed people for years. If you go to google and enter the search terms mercury poisoning victims letters to the ADA you will be able to read the letters from 100's of people telling their stories. Are all these people wrong? Eventually mercury fillings will all be replaced. I do not know how long it will take but I am quite sure that people will demand it as this knowledge becomed more wide spread. I do appreciate you taking the time to express your beliefs regarding this very important issue. I still have the mercury in my teeth and I am slowly getting better. Its been 1 and 1/2 years. For me it may not be the mercury, for others it might be. The body can withstand many insults to it but just like teeth when its had enough it beguns to let you know. You cannot compare this to psychic healers beacuse it does not fall into the same realm. AT any rate, people have to do what ever they have to do to regain their health, some regained their health after the mercury was taken out; some did not. Chemotherapy and radiation helps some people, some people die from it. ect. ect, ect. Some drugs help people, others have bad reactions to the same drug that helped someone else. I worked for a dentist for 5 and a health clinic for 6 years, went on to get a bachelors in psycholgy and a masters in library and infomation science. I've been researching health problems extensively for 20 years and been focusing on dental problems for the last 2. I've enjoyed hearing your point of view and want to thank you for being a part of this board. We need to hear both sides of evry issue.

Old 08-01-2001, 06:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

Dr. Phier,

Thanks for the information. It's obvious that you have a good background in dentistry and other related subjects.

If you research dental materials, then why did you recently say that the mercury stays inside the mercury-silver amalgam on this dental healthboard? It's basic knowledge that the mercury leaks over time from the amalgam and enters the body. Possibly, was that your understanding based on out-dated information, because I believe years ago that is what scientists thought. Now, they know differently.

My credentials are that I suffered for over 30 years from the affects of my mercury-silver dental amalgams, and now I'm well after having them removed. I am one individual at one point of my life, who wished I was dead. I didn't have anything left to live for, except pain and misery. I'll never forget. It was by the grace of God, that I figured this out on my own after vigorous reading on health related matters. Doctors could not help me. Their medicines made me worse.

I have also done lots of research on this, as it has had a personal affect upon me. You can count on me sharing with you all, in the future, scientific studies and information demonstrating the powerful affect mercury has on the body. I believe that this research is still in the early stages, and that in time it will show what horrible mistakes that we as a society have made. We have to be careful to not just base our understanding from one-sided points of view. Often people are schooled from professors, teachers, peers, and books that are out-dated, and not current to the latest scientific studies and research.

I do not blame anyone, except for people that may have purposely misled the public. I just would like people to take another look at this and learn. It's a fascinating subject. I'm still learning myself, as I continue with my research. There's more information being provided on this all the time.

Dr. Phier, I hope that you take this as not criticism, but rather an invitation to explore more. Someone with your credentials could do a lot of good for a lot of people....

Closed Thread