It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2001, 06:13 AM   #1

Christopher1 HB User
Post white spot on tonsil

hi all, i have had this small white spot on my left tonsil for about a month. Its about half the size of a pencil eraser. The color is off white ,similar to a canker sore. Here is the wierd part, i can use a q-tip and scrape it off.. but within a half an hour it re-appears.. I have no other symptoms and on no medication and dont smoke, 28yr male.
Does anyone half an idea what this is?.. does this sound like something serious?

Christopher

Old 08-09-2001, 10:47 PM   #2
Inactive

Shaelle HB User
I am not sure as to exactly what it is, but I have been told that those white spots that appear on your tonsils are puss. See your physician and have him/her check your nose and throat for any type of infection. Possibly a ongoing mild sinus infection or tonsilitis infection. Another thing you can do to help those go away, without picking them off, is to gargle with warm salt water and while gargling look up at the ceiling and stick your tongue out while your gargle. Mind you that this takes practice. As you get better at it, touch your tongue to the corners of your mouth, lip area, then switch sides. This will help loosen those spots, and cleanse the back of your throat and around your tonsillar areas, and removing the flem stuck to the back side of your throat. You can also do this as a daily practice, instead of using the salt water, just after you get done brushing your teeth and you rinse your mouth out, tip your head back and gargle, and don't forget to stick that tongue out. Let me know if this helps you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread